My BCS-462 HERMS Build and Fermentation Control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ameliabrewery

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the time has come. I have been brewing with my BIAB system (first picture below) for a year and I am ready to try something new. I have decided to go with the BCS-462 and a three vessel herms system. I am using my current BIAB kettle for the boil kettle and purchased two new pots for MLT and Mash.

I was also using a stainless steel rolling table but that will not be big enough for the new system. So, I needed to make some changes. Pics show the current progress. Fortunately, I had left over tile for this new counter. I will be adding a cabinet with a deep sink to the right (currently have an old laundry sink there.) I am using the rolling table for a work area and I installed my grain mill on it today.

Please follow along with my build because I know I will need help. I am doing a few things different. It will be more of a permanent install. I will be hard wiring, using conduit and receptacles, and probably a couple control boxes. I am doing this because I have access to lots of electrical supplies, father-in-law owns a commercial construction/electrical business.

IMG_0041.jpg

Image.jpg

Image 2.jpg

Image 3.jpg

Image 5.jpg

Here is the grain mill I installed on the rolling table. I did have it on top of an old bucket before. I used a 2" EMT compression connector to attach the water bottle, it fit perfect, tightened it down and it holds the bottle firmly.

Image 4.jpg

Here is my system diagram. I am breaking things up into four boxes, Ferm, Pump, BCS, and Elements. I am doing this because I already have all the electrical supplies I need(as mentioned earlier). Would like to know if this looks like it will work or suggestions.

image-3955970202.jpg

Why are you getting away from BIAB to a 3V system?

It looks like another awsome build. Right now my head is spinning......Too many good ideas on this site.

I have brewing ADD, and want to do something different. I can still use my boil kettle as BIAB if I want. Also I wanted a big job to tackle. Three vessel, BCS, automation and on and on....

I love brewing but I also like all the DIY stuff as well.

I have brewing ADD, and want to do something different. I can still use my boil kettle as BIAB if I want. Also I wanted a big job to tackle. Three vessel, BCS, automation and on and on....

I love brewing but I also like all the DIY stuff as well.

Me too!

subscribed. I really want to go all electric and I want to control fermentation, pumps, elements and have it all done together. I also would really like to be able to control my electric smoker somehow. My charcoal bbq has a fan mounted to it to control temps as well... that would be a cool add on with BCS-462.

Good luck! I hope to copy you soon ;)

Well, got off to a slow start over the past few months. Changed how I was going to do things and jumped in full steam this weekend. This is how far I got. Lot of work!! Even added a Cubieboard and monitor. Still need to add some wiring, switch contacts, fuses and pump receptacles. Hope to brew next week!

image-3059140595.jpg

image-3653225200.jpg

image-422255466.jpg

Back