Whatcha drinking tonight?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
I know its today for most of you'll, but 6:45, post dinner for me. Just cracked my little 5 liter mini keg of Double Chocolate Oatmeal Wheat Milk Stout (BADCOW Stout). And, MMMMmmmm its good, working on number 2.

Now I get to play some guitar with a friend and watch SWMBO play on the Nintendo.... tis a helluva Friday night.

Tommorow I go to a beir tasting festival somewhere around here, SWMBO's seargant told us about it.

well after a gathering of sorts last weekend, Im fresh out of my beer. So.....I think im going to the store tonight and spend a good half hour deciding which beer to drink tonight.

Plus I love to argue about beer with the clerks there.

Chimone said:
Plus I love to argue about beer with the clerks there.

I agree. it is fun.

I think tonight is going to be a whiskey night for myself. Mix whiskey and ginger ale, drink, and refill...repeat about 7 times.

seefresh said:
Yea, active duty, ARMY. Pretty different for a woman to be in the service. She hasn't touched a gun in 3 years (since basic training).

What is her MOS?

My job in the Air Force works VERY closely with the Army--in fact I've been stationed at 2 Army bases in my career. The Army doesn't have weather guys, so guess who gets to deploy wiht the Army?????

I need to empty a keg of Apfelwein to make room for a bitter. I'm hoping to do so tonight so that I don't have to bottle the rest of it.

Rhoobarb is coming over to try my Vanilla Ale and I'm going to try a couple of his concoctions. I'm supposed to be at my parents place tomorrow afternoon, but I bought some grains and yeast on my lunch break today.

I went a little crazy at the grocery today so I'll be making some crab cakes with the works and washing it all down with some ESB & Oatmeal stout. I'll probably crack open one of the honey wheats. Those have been in the bottle enough, me thinks. Yeap... I'm gonna hit it a wee bit hard tonight. My LHBS guy is having a party/comp at his store tomorrow @ noon, so I have to prepare. Judging 25+ beers needs serious preparation... liverwise.

Cheesefood said:
Rhoobarb is coming over to try my Vanilla Ale and I'm going to try a couple of his concoctions. I'm supposed to be at my parents place tomorrow afternoon, but I bought some grains and yeast on my lunch break today.

Make sure you save some for the testing. I want to see what it's supposed to taste like

rdwj said:
Make sure you save some for the testing. I want to see what it's supposed to taste like

This one tastes nothing like the extract+ version. This is far hoppier and cleaner tasting, with barely a note of the lactose and vanilla.

Cheesefood said:
This one tastes nothing like the extract+ version. This is far hoppier and cleaner tasting, with barely a note of the lactose and vanilla.

Man, that sounds good to me!

I'm bringing along my Snow Day Bock, Kelly's Honey Blonde Ale, Red Barren Ale and, while it may be a little 'green', the Brewpastor's 777 that I brewed when we had our group brew at Snakebone's place. This will be the first time anyone has sampled it, including me.

We'll have a toast to Bobby 'Boris' Pickett.

Dude said:
What is her MOS?

My job in the Air Force works VERY closely with the Army--in fact I've been stationed at 2 Army bases in my career. The Army doesn't have weather guys, so guess who gets to deploy wiht the Army?????
The Army doesn't need meteorologists because their issued wet weather gear. :drunk:

92E I think, its changing soon. Basically dental assistant, but she mainly sits at a computer all day browsing the internet.

Bout 1/2 way through my many keg.... this stuff is too good.

Back