Hops Group Buy in Chicago #1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If 7 splits of simcoe includes the open split then we need to close that plus another?

As I stated before we are fine on Simcoe. If you look at the numbers we have 8, which includes the open split.

OK, so I know ghoti put a ton of time and effort into this hop buy and for that I and I'm sure many others are extremely gracious. I sincerely offer my thanks, and please don't consider this as criticism but rather constructive help.

Once this buy is completed, I'm wondering if the increments can include the 44 lb option. I think part of the massive confusion right now is that people think every 11 lb split will be available for the 44 lb increments.

Regardless of what ends up happening, I can't thank ghoti and Bill enough for making this happen! I should have an imperial brown IPA to share with both of you by the time the hops arrive.

If that the only way we are going to buy hops then 44 will be an option.

5 x11 is 55 pounds so the open Cascade put us over the 44 pound limit.

the spreadsheet only shows 39 lbs total of cascade. I'm guessing that means we closed that split at 44lbs and then someone opened a new one, the one that is not yet complete.

If someone is really torn up about it I can give back my 2 lbs of cascade.

the spreadsheet only shows 39 lbs total of cascade. I'm guessing that means we closed that split at 44lbs and then someone opened a new one, the one that is not yet complete.

If someone is really torn up about it I can give back my 2 lbs of cascade.

You have to look at the hop list to see what is currently allotted. Which is in people's carts or open in splits.

As I stated before we are fine on Simcoe. If you look at the numbers we have 8, which includes the open split.

OK. sorry to be a pain, I just don't quite get it. Something doesn't match.

You're saying we have 8 splits including the open one. If that's right, great, 7 more pounds will close it, and I can help do that.

However the lastest spreadsheet, which was just updated by bmason shows 71 total pounds of simcoe ordered. That's 17 pounds short of 88. Even if we add the 7 available on the open split that only gets us to 78 lbs. That is the source of my confusion.

OK. sorry to be a pain, I just don't quite get it. Something doesn't match.

You're saying we have 8 splits including the open one. If that's right, great, 7 more pounds will close it, and I can help do that.

However the lastest spreadsheet, which was just updated by bmason shows 71 total pounds of simcoe ordered. That's 17 pounds short of 88. Even if we add the 7 available on the open split that only gets us to 78 lbs. That is the source of my confusion.

That is because the user spreadsheet assumed each item on there was a single pound, but that is incorrect if you look at starman he ordered a full 11 pounds of simcoe and 11 pounds of saaz himself. You can see this by the total he owes does not match a single pound. So if you total up the pounds you are missing 10 of simcoe and 10 of saaz.

Which is why I just said to go off of the other one which take into account full 11 pounds ordered.

ghoti said:
Which is why I just said to go off of the other one which take into account full 11 pounds ordered.

What other one? I can only see my order and the open splits. Is there another view or list? Sorry.

[EDIT] uh...you mean your list you posted? The one that showed 7 simcoe splits?

What other one? I can only see my order and the open splits. Is there another view or list? Sorry.

I feel your pain. I have been quietly watching from the wings, making sure my hops order is still valid. I found it on the spreadsheet so I am fairly confident I didn't screw up too bad.:mug:

Is there a plan for another buy in the future? I was able to get into the database yesterday and haven't gotten the chance to look into it. It's hard to tell what's available and if people want to close it soon it would probably be easier and cheaper for me to wait and order from someone else later on where I can get different varieties in leaf. I appreciate all the work put into the buy though.

Is there a plan for another buy in the future? I was able to get into the database yesterday and haven't gotten the chance to look into it. It's hard to tell what's available and if people want to close it soon it would probably be easier and cheaper for me to wait and order from someone else later on where I can get different varieties in leaf. I appreciate all the work put into the buy though.

Hop buys more or less happen once per year. Get in now if you can find an open split below the minimum.

I feel your pain. I have been quietly watching from the wings, making sure my hops order is still valid. I found it on the spreadsheet so I am fairly confident I didn't screw up too bad.:mug:

Yes I think it is time for me to bury my confusion in another pint or three. If we need to get those last 7 pounds of simcoe I am up for some of them. If I need to give up my cascade to others I can. I think everything I have is locked in except the motueka just popped open again. Pound of that anyone?

Cheers all and thanks for the hard work that has been put in to make this happen.

and now....I'm going to use this -> :fro: <- I apologize.

That is because the user spreadsheet assumed each item on there was a single pound, but that is incorrect if you look at starman he ordered a full 11 pounds of simcoe and 11 pounds of saaz himself. You can see this by the total he owes does not match a single pound. So if you total up the pounds you are missing 10 of simcoe and 10 of saaz.

Couple late nights at the office, and only mobile web on the train. I had added those boxes prior to the purge / retooling you did Tuesday. I thought it was all getting cleared out.. oops.

22lbs of hops might be a source of friction at home but if that's what you guys were counting on I suppose I can follow through. Ideally it'd be more like 5 or 6 of each.

Couple late nights at the office, and only mobile web on the train. I had added those boxes prior to the purge / retooling you did Tuesday. I thought it was all getting cleared out.. oops.

22lbs of hops might be a source of friction at home but if that's what you guys were counting on I suppose I can follow through. Ideally it'd be more like 5 or 6 of each.

If you do not want all 22 pounds then I would suggest opening them up as splits.

starman said:

Clean it up brother the extras will fill in, no need to taken as **** ton of hops unnecessarily.

sudsmcgee said:
Hop buys more or less happen once per year. Get in now if you can find an open split below the minimum.

I've done 6 grain buys on my own and assisted on another since my very first one in March 2011. This is our (with ghoti's and Neopol's help) first hops buy. I think hops buys will be few and far in between. Unless I start making all hop bombs from now on.

Neopol said:
Clean it up brother the extras will fill in, no need to taken as **** ton of hops unnecessarily.

Yup. If Mrs. starman isn't happy with your huge hops order then there isn't anyone happy at the starman compound.

I still cant find the spreadsheet. Is it on the ordering site?

Since it doesn't look like the Styrian Goldings order is going to fill up before the cut off, I'm dropping my order. This means there's 1lb in the EKG split available. If noone fills it and that torpedos the order, I'll pick it up again.

If you do not want all 22 pounds then I would suggest opening them up as splits.

Total Pounds Ordered:

Your Order:
Quantity Item Cost Description Total Price
CZ SAAZ xxx.xx $xxx.xx
SIMCOE xxx.xx $xxx.xx
$xxx.xx
Order total: xxx.xx
Add more grain

Ok, tried on Firefox, Chrome, & even IE... how do I split?

figured it out... go to the correct link! doh

When I try to log into the URL posted I am getting a login screen which forwards me to a 404 error. Is there a different link, I would love to get in on this order.

Thanks,
Jason

Ok. I will close the buy tonight at midnight. this will give me and ghoti a chance to figure out shipping costs. Either get your orders in or modify your existing orders before it closes. Thanks.

so can we close this out at midnight tonight?

Yes! Let's make this happen. If we are within a pound or 2 on varieties, let me know. I can always distribute within the club up here as a charitable gift to those less bulk-buy-fortunate if it helps make this thing happen!

wegz15, I grabbed more simcoe than I need to help close out the second 44lb split. I can spare a pound or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back