Samuel Adams Cream Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
This has been around a long time, but it is the first time I've sampled it. SA was at the Blooms & Brews this weekend. A sweet stout with good malt and moderate (for a stout) hopping. A little chocolate, a little roasty, a little black patent. The finish is slightly sweet and then ... it disappears completely! I've never had a stout that didn't linger on the tongue, this one doesn't. Every sip is a separate experience. Not bad, just unusual in the style. Actually a pleasant change from the mega-imperials so common today.

I haven't had an SA cream stout for a number of years....prb since the late 90s. IIRC, it was prb the second stout I ever tasted after Guinness.

I found this stout to be quite enjoyable also. As a matter of fact it made me want to brew a Sweet/Cream Stout which turned out quite nice, if I do say so myself.

If you have not tried S.A. Cream Stout I highly recommend it.

Back