Homebrewer's Blues....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subliminalurge

Reaction score
I've got 3 kegs of outstanding homebrew in the fridge. All carbed and ready to go. Have two more batches sitting in fermenters, ready to keg, just wating for kegs to put them in.

Unfortunately, these have all been earmarked for an event coming up at Thanksgiving, and SWMBO has forbidden me from touching them.

It's been one of those days, and a beer or two was definitely in order this evening. Unexpected car repairs are forcing me to stick with a very tight budget this week.

So I'm drinking a Busch Light right now, while staring at 25 gallons of awesome beer.

Shed a tear for me. Keep me in your prayers.

Well you know you have to periodically inspect the beers, taste test, carbonation test, infection test. You are not sampling you are testing

True that! SWMBO needs to understand that there is a good amount of R&D involved with home brewing. I mean, she wouldn't want you to serve up a bunch of sour swill to all her family on turkey day.,, would she???

Well you know you have to periodically inspect the beers, taste test, carbonation test, infection test. You are not sampling you are testing

Trying to get me in trouble, aren't you? :mug:

Not sure how to explain that 2 gallons out of a 5 gallon keg was just for "testing" purposes.... Especially since I just "tested" a pint glass of each one 3 days ago.... But if you can come up with something good, I've got the taps all cleaned up and ready to go....;)

Wait, there may be hope...

I forgot that I had one of these set aside for a special occasion. I'm going to go ahead and call this occasion "special enough".

See? This is why I need to do 10 gallon batches and have a stockpile of about 30 cornies on deck at all times. Just gotta figure out how to convince SWMBO that beer equipment is more important than a second car.

What is "swmbo"?

SWMBO == "She Who Must Be Obeyed".

Or, in layman's terms, "wife".

In other words, when the beer in the fridge was brewed specifically for SWMBO's sister's wedding reception, well, yeah, you drink Busch Lite before even thinking about touching it.

I think there is a thread or a dozen about the proclaimations of SWMBO, moving on...

It is your beer, Drink It, Stop Drinking Your Busch Light!!!!!!!!!!

It is your beer, Drink It, Stop Drinking Your Busch Light!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I paid good, hard earned money for this hog urine. It's going down the hatch one way or the other!

(Although the remaining four cans might have to wait until the tail end of my next "Jack Daniels Type of Night"..... :rockin:)

I've got 3 kegs of outstanding homebrew in the fridge. All carbed and ready to go. Have two more batches sitting in fermenters, ready to keg, just wating for kegs to put them in.

Unfortunately, these have all been earmarked for an event coming up at Thanksgiving, and SWMBO has forbidden me from touching them.

It's been one of those days, and a beer or two was definitely in order this evening. Unexpected car repairs are forcing me to stick with a very tight budget this week.

So I'm drinking a Busch Light right now, while staring at 25 gallons of awesome beer.

Shed a tear for me. Keep me in your prayers.

Why is your wife dictating what you can drink or not when you're the one brewing it ? It's not as if she bought a special case of wine for the party and you're trying to get at it: you made that beer. You should sample it in moderation (key word is is "in moderation" here) if you wish to.

5 kegs for Thanksgiving?? Thats pretty impressive, unless its like 100 people...

5 kegs for Thanksgiving?? Thats pretty impressive, unless its like 100 people...

Heh... It's a wedding reception, and her family is huge. I'd be surprised if "only" 100 people show up.

But the number of kegs is more to bring a variety of different beers rather than just the sheer quantity. I may well end up bringing some home.

I have a feeling when that weekend is over, you're gonna be shaking your head saying "Eff me in my A, I shoulda drank these earlier" while lugging 5 half full kegs of beer back home. Nip it in the bud and drink those 5 halves now.

I have a feeling when that weekend is over, you're gonna be shaking your head saying "Eff me in my A, I shoulda drank these earlier" while lugging 5 half full kegs of beer back home. Nip it in the bud and drink those 5 halves now.

Nah. The whole things was my idea as my wedding gift to my sister-in-law (about the only one besides me in a huge BMC drinking family that also has a taste for quality beer). Since it was my suggestion, it was enthusiastically received, and I've already made the commitment to do it, those kegs are going to sit untapped until the wedding day.

While SWMBO would most certainly be annoyed with me if for breaking my word to her sister, it's not as if I'm being handed strict orders here or anything. It's as much or more my decision as anyone elses.

Still sucks to be out of beer while staring at 3 full kegs, though...

While SWMBO would most certainly be annoyed with me if for breaking my word to her sister, it's not as if I'm being handed strict orders here or anything. It's as much or more my decision as anyone elses.

Forbidden sounds like pretty strict orders to me.:drunk:

I will probably do the same if my SIL ever gets remarried. But she has big beer drinking friends, so I will have none coming home.

Drink Busch, or no bush. That appears to be the question.

Drink Busch, or no bush. That appears to be the question.

Yep, that's the main question. Eh, a few here and there don't hurt. It's basically flavorless, so it's not like it's an effort to choke it down or anything. And it's dirt cheap.

It's just a bit of a letdown to sip on something that tastes like water when there's some really good stuff (and lots of it) sitting right across the room.

Someday I'll get my pipeline upgraded to the point where things like this won't be an issue, but for now the equipment purchases have to be planned out slowly....

Not a big deal, I can survive a few weeks of cheap crap. Just thought it would be mildly fun to whine about it a little. ;)

Hmm... Wonder if this is the time to actually try that new Walgreen's house brand beer? Can't remember what they call it.

At $2.50 a six pack, how bad could it possibly...........

Nah, I'm morally opposed to dumping beer, even if it was practically free.....

Back