Force carbonating and then kegging...any disadvantage?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat x nub

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so i am looking at this triple bock recipe and it say that it could be difficult to carbonate in bottle b/c of the high alcohol level and i should use a mix of distillers and champagne yeast. Well what if i just keg and force carbonate and then bottle? I have herd of people doing that and isn't that how the big commercial breweries do it? Thanks guys :mug:

No problem at all. I even kegged a batch of wine just because its easier to fill bottles with the BMBF than anything else I have in house.

Your title says "Force carbonation and then....Kegging" Did you mean Force carb and then bottle?

Presumably you ARE kegging if you force carbonate.

But ill assume you meant force carb and bottle...and as others have said, yes, the el-cheapo beer gun works great. By the way, invest in the $5 to add the tire valve and needle release. It works great.

I have bottles months old that I still open with plenty of carbonation.

Your title says "Force carbonation and then....Kegging" Did you mean Force carb and then bottle?

Presumably you ARE kegging if you force carbonate.

But ill assume you meant force carb and bottle...and as others have said, yes, the el-cheapo beer gun works great. By the way, invest in the $5 to add the tire valve and needle release. It works great.

I have bottles months old that I still open with plenty of carbonation.

Yeah thats what I meant...sorry

I have a blichmann beer gun and I LOVE it. The only way I bottle now is by force carbing first. It is just way easier.

the cheap solution looks pretty cool too, but I couldn't pass up the fun gadget. :)

Back