Need help with Beer Fest logo design..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluelinebrewer

Reaction score
Ok folks. I need a little help. I have tried my hand at Gimp, and while I can usually do "ok", I'm looking to do a little better than just "ok". This isn't a label for a beer, but a logo for a beer festival. (Mods, if this isn't ok, let me know, and I'm sorry in advance..) So, here's the scoop. I've been asked to organize a beer festival.. Great! Right? I guess, but as of right now, I'm the only one really working on it! I've gone through several names for the festival, and so far the best I've come up with is "Brews in the Valley". A little history about this region... I'm in Clinton, Missouri, and the surrounding area is known as the "Golden Valley".. Some story about the Indians blessing it years ago, and calling it the Golden Valley.. I dunno.. but everything around here is called "Golden Valley _________". We also have a very popular fishing lake nearby, Truman Lake. So, everything is basically named after one of those two things. I didn't want to be too cliche and call it the Golden Valley Beer Fest... Anyways.. I've been working on a logo for the last few days, and this is what I've come up with so far. I could really use some help fine tuning it! It just looks kinda.. blah to me. I plan on purchasing the stock photo (the one with the watermark) if I can get it to look good. I can provide the gimp .xcf file if needed. Any and all help is welcome.. and, if you're in the area I'll get you some tickets to the festival (or I can send you some homebrew). Thanks in advance for any help!

beerfestlogo.jpg

Ok folks. I need a little help. I have tried my hand at Gimp, and while I can usually do "ok", I'm looking to do a little better than just "ok". This isn't a label for a beer, but a logo for a beer festival. (Mods, if this isn't ok, let me know, and I'm sorry in advance..) So, here's the scoop. I've been asked to organize a beer festival.. Great! Right? I guess, but as of right now, I'm the only one really working on it! I've gone through several names for the festival, and so far the best I've come up with is "Brews in the Valley". A little history about this region... I'm in Clinton, Missouri, and the surrounding area is known as the "Golden Valley".. Some story about the Indians blessing it years ago, and calling it the Golden Valley.. I dunno.. but everything around here is called "Golden Valley _________". We also have a very popular fishing lake nearby, Truman Lake. So, everything is basically named after one of those two things. I didn't want to be too cliche and call it the Golden Valley Beer Fest... Anyways.. I've been working on a logo for the last few days, and this is what I've come up with so far. I could really use some help fine tuning it! It just looks kinda.. blah to me. I plan on purchasing the stock photo (the one with the watermark) if I can get it to look good. I can provide the gimp .xcf file if needed. Any and all help is welcome.. and, if you're in the area I'll get you some tickets to the festival (or I can send you some homebrew). Thanks in advance for any help!

Did you already have your event ?

Back