Brewing and smoking...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewcrew86

Reaction score
So, I have a feeling the tomorrow is going to be a great day. I am going to brew some beer and smoke some baby backs. I know we pimarily discuss beer on this site, but I was wondering if anyone has any good BBQ sauce recipes?

We have all those forums as well further down the page. Smoke cooking (I just fired up my pit for the first time this year with marinaded chicken yesterday afternoon). Cheese making,sausage making,etc. We had beer & vodka waiting a few hours on that.
For ribs & beef,I make a mop sauce with;
1 bottle of EB
1TSP worchestershire sauce
6-8 drops of thai fish sauce (kinda makes me think of lavender nectar or something)
Salt & fresh cracked black pepper
1tsp garlic powder
2tsp onion powder
Luisiana hot sauce to taste (I like Trappy's)
It's also meritorious to make this the night before,covered in the fridge to mingle the flavors.

So, I have a feeling the tomorrow is going to be a great day. I am going to brew some beer and smoke some baby backs. I know we pimarily discuss beer on this site, but I was wondering if anyone has any good BBQ sauce recipes?

Look around in the Meat Smoking forum here on HBT. I've seen some great sauce and rub recipes here. It would have been a far better place to post your thread. I'm going to ask a moderator to move it there... you'll have a lot better luck then. Cheers.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f172/

ah, my two favorite hobbies!

i can't help you with BBQ sauce as i don't approve of it (for me) but i'd dry rub them - just cut the salt to a third of whatever thing you go with, smoking brings out salt flavor more than any other cooking medium i've seen... i home make BBQ sauce for grilled chicken and i always avoid all sugar and replace it with jams, fruit, etc. just make sure to kick up the cayenne whatever you do!

sounds like an awesome day. have fun...

Two of my favorite things too, I'll be doing both during the Madison Regatta this year as the race runs in front of my campsite.

It is kind of funny. I have not been on HBT for too long, but have never scrolled down past beginning, general, and extract brewing discussions...oh and of course I use the search option frequently. It is hard to find time with my young children. This is the best site in the web it combines my two favorite hobbies and I get a lot of help from all of you. Thanks for the responses guys. I will check out that section.

Back