My 1550 style Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewfire

Reaction score
The brewrig build is getting closer to complete with the only major part left being the control box. The actual rig is finished with a beerbelly return dish on its way and i think i will order another hop stopper tube only to use as the whirlpool, the original pickup doesnt work to push the wort into a whirlpool. But the connector tube from the hop stopper will.

Beer belly and other SS parts
043.jpg

The original nasa burner stands cut and welded to some 50x50 angle to hold the pots
006-2.jpg

The Frame coming together
052-1.jpg

Tippy dump
062.jpg

Finished and me in for good measure
071.jpg

As has been pointed out on the forum the pump is a little high so i will move that lower for better priming, it does work where it is until the HLT gets low and then it wont prime properly. I will also add a step to hold the bin for the tippy dump and order a SS chute to make it a bit easier to clean.

I might look at lowering the MLT a bit just for slightly easier access, its not hard now but could be better.

The first brew has been completed on this rig after extensive soak and clean with PBW to get any oil and grindings out. I did a belgian blonde ale and the brew day was very smooth with no hitches. The wort was clear and boy i cant sing high enough praise for the deluxe hop screen from beerbelly. Whole hop cone brew and it didnt clog or even look like it. Great bit of kit.

Still fermenting but the results will be soon, next brew is a double batch of Operation Mongoose Brown Ale.

beer.gif Kleiny

Back