IPA kit recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopsie

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Just bottled my first batch today(Brewer's Best Pale Ale) and I'm looking ahead to the next brew. I've been lurking here for a few weeks checking things out and reading some great advice. Thanks to everyone who participates in this forum. I think my first batch went much smoother than I anticipated thanks to the group.

I LOVE hoppy beers and want to do an IPA next. I'm looking to you for recommendations on good IPA kits.

I've started looking around at malt extract kits and I'm eyeballing the Rogue I2PA-Extract kit from Morebeer. Is there anything different(better or worse) about this kit than others? Also, since this is only my 2nd attempt, is an IPA any more difficult to brew than the pal ale I just brewed?
Thanks much!

an IPA shouldn't give you any more trouble than the pale ale you just brewed. it'll just have more hops to add... i can't comment on a good kit, but i would recommend perusing the recipe library, i bet you'd find a good IPA extract recipe there. instead of the 'kit' you can just print out the recipe and take it to the LHBS or order the right stuff online.

I made the Munton's IPA kit as my second batch ever back in the day. It was OK.

Brew the one you can get easily.

Focus on steeping your grains at 155°F so you can step up to PM sooner rather than later.

Enjoy your beer.

Back