look what followed me home today...20 cornys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonp9576

Reaction score
so its a real bad pic, butyou get the idea.

n9305460_54946144_5666.jpg

i got an insane deal, so i got all 20.

i got them home and leak checked them.

12 are perfect. 4 are leaking around the main o-ring and poppets

4 have tiny leaks where the rubber meets the stainless where it starts to go up to the opening. are these a lost cause?

should i take the leaking ones back? or should i just not worry about it since they were only $5 each

its pretty funny. i think i would find a way to have it welded to fix the leaks before i put flowers in it.

i was actualy thinking about using the leaking ones for fermenters. . i could seal them with some kind of epoxy or something else. and make 3 gallon batches, possibly get into making wine

i plan on rebuilding the ones that are leaking around the o-rings and or poppets, but some of them are leaking at the base of there the lid is, right where the stainless meets the rubber

another awesome thing about this buy was that since i got them from a soda distributor, they have a big cleaning machine there. looks like a car wash for kegs(inside and out)

he ran all of the kegs through it for me. no gunk. not even an odor of syrup in them

Ok... I don't normally swear... but .... in this case.....

YOU >>>> S>>>K

I'm green with envy.

Cheers

JB weld will hold pressure, especially if it is a pinhole leak.

On the other hand you could also cut two into pieces and make an 8 gallon cornie for fermenting in or serving out of :)

Are they all ball lock or pin lock? I found a similar deal on some pin lock and want to make sure that they will work to build a keezer out of. Sorry to hijack, I go to buy em tomorrow.

they are all ball lock, i have 3 pin locks i am trying to get rid of cheap if you want them, never mind, arizona is kind of far

Back