Things to do when drinking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefoxicy

Reaction score
Did I mention I don't really like alcohol, and tried a couple weeks ago to get a buzz to find out what it's like?

The most I've done is 8 ounces of Bacardi and 10 ounces of Khalua in under 2 hours. I'll try harder, when I can stand gulping the stuff down; shooting it straight is still tough, but easier than when I started.

Effect: Uh, what effect does drinking 8 ounces of water have on you in 2 hours?

How much alcohol do I need before I should feel a buzz? More interesting, how much do I need before I can pretend the alcohol is causing me to make crude comments about girls' tits? ;p

More interesting than that: What if you simply didn't get drunk? What would you do after 12 beers when your friends all think you're fairly disoriented?

Is this a test? Alcohol affects people differently based on their person. A large fat person can absorb more alcohol than a skinny dude can. You should be able to make crude comments about a girls tits just by holding a can of cheap beer. Hell, it's expected.

You should be able to make crude comments about a girls tits just by holding a can of cheap beer. Hell, it's expected.

Well, I rarely make crude comments about girls' tits, but then again, I rarely hold a can of cheap beer. I'm more of the type who drinks an expensive microbrew out of a glass and comments on guys' asses, though. One thing I noticed- the more I drink, the better looking the butts are. :rockin:

Well, I rarely make crude comments about girls' tits, but then again, I rarely hold a can of cheap beer. I'm more of the type who drinks an expensive microbrew out of a glass and comments on guys' asses, though. One thing I noticed- the more I drink, the better looking the butts are. :rockin:

OK-If you ever visit me-You only get PBR or bud light. No offense.:fro:

I like to get on the highway and just cruise

no I dont.

I like to get on the wife. then pass out. nothing in between

13 drinks in 2 hours and you didn't feel anything? You are either a very large person or lying, pick one. :)

It's only 4 shots of Bacardi Gold (ick) and one 10 ounce khalua bottle (10% ABV).

ThinkGeek :: Cool Shooters Ice Shot Glasses

2 ounces. Fill, dump in 10 ounce cup, add coke. Drink soda like a retarded 6th grader. After 4 of these, dump the khalua into a mug with some milk, drink it down, then wake up 3 hours later with a stomach ache and blame the milk (it was even Lactaid!).

EDIT: Was this about the 12 beers comment I posed in hypothetical form? The concept just seemed amusing to me; I've never had 12 beers.

Kid, what do you weigh? About 130#, soaking wet?

Don't lie to us, it's not going to get you respect. By your own admission, you've drank less beer in your life than most of us did before we were 16. I ain't buying your "8 ounces of Bacardi and 10 ounces of Khalua in under 2 hours," unless the Bacardi in question happened to be stuff your older brother had diluted to about 20 proof in your parent's liquor cabinet.

Don't lie to us, it's not going to get you respect. By your own admission, you've drank less beer in your life than most of us did before we were 16. I ain't buying your "8 ounces of Bacardi and 10 ounces of Khalua in under 2 hours," unless the Bacardi in question happened to be stuff your older brother had diluted to about 20 proof in your parent's liquor cabinet.

OMG...He's started 15 new threads, and only 95 posts.... He hasn't had time to be drinking.

150. And I'm an only child. Parents don't drink, and I only got the stuff experimentally (though amusingly, rum in coke seems to have grown on me...).

Some people are naturally able to handle more alcohol but I'm not sure I've pushed a necessary limit to prove that yet. It's not like I drank a whole bottle of JD or something (I've seen someone do that in 2 hours too, he could NOT stand. Was funny).

I've learned not to be too surprised about anything after the caffeine experiment.

I like to get on the wife. then pass out. nothing in between

Haha. My old college roommate did this all the time.

I don't think larger people always have a higher tolerance. An old friend was captain of the football team and the center. He would be hammered off of 4 beers.

150. And I'm an only child. Parents don't drink, and I only got the stuff experimentally (though amusingly, rum in coke seems to have grown on me...).

Some people are naturally able to handle more alcohol but I'm not sure I've pushed a necessary limit to prove that yet. It's not like I drank a whole bottle of JD or something (I've seen someone do that in 2 hours too, he could NOT stand. Was funny).

I've learned not to be too surprised about anything after the caffeine experiment.

Heres a solution. Learned this one in college. Drink an entire bottle of Bacardi in about 4 hours, plus a few beers. Yes you might yell at some trees on the way home, but it will teach you a ton.

Don't feel bad, I do the same thing, mike. I get drunk and pass out on your wife all the time.

Hey little guy, nobody cares how much booze you think you can (or can't) handle. This isn't a "how to get drunk" forum. It's a forum that's largely focused on making beer, which you apparently hate. Go play with your Wii.

Hey little guy, nobody cares how much booze you think you can (or can't) handle. This isn't a "how to get drunk" forum. It's a forum that's largely focused on making beer, which you apparently hate. Go play with your Wii.

+1

I've generally been avoiding newb threads lately... just haven't had the patience to be as helpful as I should be.... the regulars here will understand, I'm sure... sometimes you feel like it, sometimes you don't. And if you're going to be a sour prick, it's better that you stay hell out of newb threads rather than make them think HBTer's are EAC's....

But I'm sorry guys... this dude is annoying me... I just had to say it. I'll bite my tongue from here forward. I hope he learns to enjoy the community here and I hope he feels welcomed and becomes old hat himself some day... but I just don't have patience for his immaturity.

Maybe I'll try reading his posts again in a couple of months... if he's still around.

Yuri, dude, I normally agree with you but I have to throw the BS flag on this one.
His comment was posted in the drunken ramblings forum, and unless I am mistaken, it falls into nicely.

Just because he is young and inexperienced, does not deserve a bashing.
Below are just a couple of threads that deal with drinking and getting drunk. There are more that I could not find, but I remember posting in them.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/show-drinking-game-70071/

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/whos-gettin-druck-tonite-74738/

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/how-many-days-row-75102/

But I'm sorry guys... this dude is annoying me... I just had to say it. I'll bite my tongue from here forward. I hope he learns to enjoy the community here and I hope he feels welcomed and becomes old hat himself some day... but I just don't have patience for his immaturity.

Maybe I'll try reading his posts again in a couple of months... if he's still around.

So heres an idea, dont say anything, dont read his posts, and that way you wont have to be bothered, but it does no good to post saying that " the dude is annoying me"

Overall this forum is a GREAT place to talk to other people about anything, even recently new discussion rooms added to make it a more social place, but I must say, the rudeness of the people has gotten a lot more evident, and really irritating.
I dont want to hear that they are noobs, or young, or immature, or stupid, or whatever, if you CANT SAY SOMETHING NICE DONT SAY IT.
Just be helpful, and if its too much for you to do that, ignore the post.

There, I have said it, I am sure that I just put a BIG target on my back I will start getting hate mail and death threats, but I am sorry guys, I just didnt feel it was right.

Josh

So heres an idea, dont say anything, dont read his posts, and that way you wont have to be bothered, but it does no good to post saying that " the dude is annoying me"

Overall this forum is a GREAT place to talk to other people about anything, even recently new discussion rooms added to make it a more social place, but I must say, the rudeness of the people has gotten a lot more evident, and really irritating.
I dont want to hear that they are noobs, or young, or immature, or stupid, or whatever, if you CANT SAY SOMETHING NICE DONT SAY IT.
Just be helpful, and if its too much for you to do that, ignore the post.

Josh

You know that I'm always a believer if the "if you can't say something nice" camp.

I guess, though, that I'm definitely with the others on this one. Someone joins a brewing forum, and then complains because they don't like beer and/or alcohol, and make 100 posts. Someone is trolling, and it isn't me.

Noobs are always welcome, and this forum is a great resource for information. But, it's not a country club or even a night club. It's a brewing forum. Because we genuinely like each other, though, we talk about a lot of other things. Drunken ramblings or no, we usually have something to talk about.

Even with me talking about my life and hobbies, I think more than 1% of my posts are brewing related. I'm thinking that's what the issue is- bombarding the board with 100 posts that have absolutely nothing to do with brewing is irritating. At least to some of us.

Good idea.

Admittedly, my first post in this thread was a little over the top. I should've just pushed the close button right then and there instead of posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back