WHERE TO FIND- Rubber Washer for Plastic Fermenting Bucket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaj030201

Reaction score
Where can i find one of these? Would Home Depot have it? What size? What would I ask for?

If you are talking about the grommet that the airlock fits in you can get them from any brewshop. I go through them often and my LHBS just gives them to me, but you might want to get a few since they cost pennies and seem to tear pretty easily.

Any hardware store (incliding HD) will have rubber GROMMETS in various sizes. As to the size, I can't recall off hand, and I'm at work so I can't measure mine...can you take your bucket lid with you?

Go to the section with all the screws and there should be a wall with a bunch of pull out drawers with the washers you need. Probably neoprene, may work or just some sort of plastic washer. Just needs to bend to cover the hole.

EDIT: Touche, I was thinking bottling bucket. Probably is a gromet though.

The grommet for the airlock is probably 1/2 x 3/8".
Available at hardware and automotive stores, maybe at Lowes or HD, too.
It would be convenient to have the old grommet, the lid,
or to at least measure the hole.
But my guess is the lid is covering a bucket full of unfermented beer.
And the old grommet is at the bottom ... DAMHIKT

I HATE those grommets. I went through half a dozen before I figured out an alternative. Drill out a larger hole for your airlock and use a #2 drilled stopper.

Funny, I was going to ask you on the thermometer thread if the size you used would work for this guys airlock.....I checked the googlez but couldn't find the diameter on any of the replacement grommets.:mug:

the dimensions you mentioned (3/8 x 1/2) are correct, as i deduced from this website. thanks for all the help everyone!!

Back