When to add Biofine Clear to Secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ysaletore

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm brewing a Belgian beer and I typically use Biofine clear to clear out my beer. Normally I'd add it right when I transfer to the secondary fermenter. However, this particular recipe suggests that I let it sit in a secondary for 6-9 months! When would you suggesting adding the Biofine clear? Do you think it's better to add it early, during the initial transfer? Or should I add it about 1 week before I actually plan on transferring to the bottling bucket?

Thanks!

I would think that most of the yeast and proteins will settle out in 6 months. What temperature will you be storing your beer? If I were to add Biofine, it would be after the 6 months. Let the natural settling take out most of it and then let the Biofine clean up what is left. Hope this helps. Cheers!

I don't think you will need any clarifying agents if your letting it sit that long. Even a hefe will be crystal clear after a few months.

Back