Look Ma! I made beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewinggirl

Reaction score
Ooooh yeah! Three weeks after bottling I finally got to taste my Belgian Tripel! And guess what? It actually tasted good and with those little tiny bubbles I was sure wouldn't be there lol. Right now the beer is still a little cloudy, but even if it never clears up....I still made a beer that tastes great! What an awesome feeling. Anyway I just had to share and thank all the ppl on here who have given such great advice to me and other new brewers...the best of which was PATIENCE. Can't wait to taste a bottle each week from here on out to see how well it ages. Also, the brewing bug has bit me pretty hard, besides the tripel I have hard cider, a honey lager and a wildberry wine fermenting, while planning on brewing a stout this weekend:cross:

Cheers! I started with a tripel as well, and now a month and a half later I have 5 recipes under my belt. Sounds like your pipeline is going strong!

Cheers! I started with a tripel as well, and now a month and a half later I have 5 recipes under my belt. Sounds like your pipeline is going strong!

Def have a pipeline going! I have to laugh about the first time I went in my LBS & the guy was telling me how I'd have all kinds of carboys and plastic buckets before too long. I was like...mmm why? Now I know..BOY do I know haha. Such a great hobby:rockin:

the brewing bug has bit me pretty hardQUOTE]

I just got into brewing a month or so ago and feel the same way! Me and my girlfriend started with an all-grain IPA and we've already brewed a wheat and have three more planned soon.

Cheers to homebrew. :mug:

At times it has gotten to the point where if I have a primary carboy sitting empty I get agitated that it's not filled and fermenting.

It is so good when someone new gets into the hobby. Unfortunately, for every one person that gets into it, there are probably lots of failed first batches where people have done something that was not quite right.

I keep buying more bottles so when people come for a drink I can say "what do you want to drink?" and they say "what have you got?" and I give them a piece of paper with a list for them to choose from.

I personally don't drink a lot of beer, maybe a few on the weekend. Got into the hobby so I could make and try many different styles. My first batch, a raspberry wheat was bottled 5 weeks ago at 3 weeks we tried it, friends tried it, and friends wanted more. So now 2 weeks later I only have 5 bottles left. I have my next batch in the primary, an Amber Ale which will be transfered to the secondary this weekend with my third batch ready to go into the primary. I now have realized the chain and yes I have been bitten as well.

belgian beers are generally cloudy (i think) so i wouldn't worry about that too much.

Ok, got a pic. Isn't she pretty :)

IMG_20120302_220522.jpg

I like that glass a lot...beer looks good too. :mug:

Thanks. That glass is one of my favorites in my ever growing collection. It has an ecthed image of a boat and seagulls on it...when the beer gets low enough it looks like a scooner on an ocean of beer lol....ahhhh

Thanks everyone. I'm really loving this new hobby of mine. Also reading this forum:D

Latest posts

Back