time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am about to rack a beer over to a secondary that would be nice in this thread, want me to just guess? haha

I'll just give away the answer...

Category 14C: IIPA

Does this look similar?

pliny.jpg

Ok I gave it an hour. Since this one is so simple I am going to require multiple things. Here is the first hint. A SMaSH starting with 14 pounds of grain for a 4 gallon batch.

IMG_5488.jpg
IMG_5489.jpg
IMG_5491.jpg

not sure what your efficiency is, or if the beer falls under a standard bjcp category...but i'll guess english ipa

Since it seems no one has woken up to play, I will give another hint and you can all guess again. Each picture above has chronological significance and I am looking for two answers here. They are both independant BJCP categories (although I don't need specific substyles), but are rarely put together. One is the original recipe style, and the other is a process.

That is a 5 gal carboy in the last picture...

Since you two are the only ones playing currently, you both have it half right...but MJ has the broad term I was looking for. If you put the two styles I am looking for together the style would equal 36.

Germelli1 said:
Since you two are the only ones playing currently, you both have it half right...but MJ has the broad term I was looking for. If you put the two styles I am looking for together the style would equal 36.

Sour strong ale? LOL

Sour strong ale? LOL

Hahah yup! It was my "German Barleywine" As I liked to call it. a munich-hallertau SMaSH (this is what happens when I get a brand new 55 pound sack of munich). It got stuck at 1.052 so last night I pitched 645 Brett C, I blended it with a gallon of soured second runnings, and topped it up with a stout that was an equal fail.

Its funny to not worry about sanitization until AFTER you handle the beer for a change :D

I'm glad I started this game... Fun!
and it looks like a couple-a you dudes are addicted.
awesome

Reno_eNVy said:
Hurry and post a pic so I can win. I finally have a new pic I can post :D
There should be some kind of rule... if somebody goes past 8pm PST (now) they lose their shot at it.
Gridlocked said:
I'm glad I started this game... Fun!
and it looks like a couple-a you dudes are addicted.
awesome
Its a great game! Good job :mug: hey we need some more rules here for beer slackers that win and wont post ;)

Back