Bayou Burner Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBMer

Reaction score
First let me say hello to everyone. I found your board a few weeks ago and I've gotten a trememdous amount of information from all of you. Thank you for making my beer brewing experience all the better. :D

I have somewhere around 8 extract kits under my belt now and have been slowly accumulating all the extra equipment needed to go All Grain. My son has been AG for some time now and his beers are almost always better than the extract kits.

I ordered the Bayou Classic SQ14 burner from Amazon last week and was all worked up to to do my first full boil. I hooked up the propane tank, got everything situated, and guess what I found? The burner element itself did not have holes in it, i.e. the small ports that the propane comes out of and produces the flame. :mad:

Do I get to be the first that this has happened to? I'll of course be calling them tomorrow to get this sorted out hopefully.

Thanks again for all the great information.

IBMer

I have an SQ14 from home depot, but I've never heard of this problem before. Sounds like quality control missed this when it came off the line. Amazon is pretty good about exchanges if bayou isn't willing to fix the problem.

Does IBMer stand for "I Beer Maker" or are you employed by big blue? You should update your profile so we know where your located.

I actually did work for big blue until last year, and I have this handle on so many boards that I haven't gotten around to submitting change requests for them all.

I hope a replacement burner works out easily. The last thing I need is a long phone battle with anyone. :)

I will update my profile. I live in Aurora IL, a suberb of Chicago.

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers.

IBMer

Good luck with the burner. I went to high school in Naperville and took tennis lessons in Aurora (10 years ago).

Find out the proper hole size and drill em out. Probably a whole lot less work than an exchange.

Back