Hello From Burlington Vt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukerutledge

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just stopping by to say hello from VT. Started my first brew last weekend (oatmeal stout) and getting ready to bottle tomorrow. Looking forward to getting into it all.

-Evan

Welcome and wait on the bottling. You'll have much better beer if you leave it in the fermenter for 2-3 weeks and let the yeast cleanup.

Welcome duke,
Just to let you know, you also have a great resource in Winooski. Anne and Matt have great knowledge and super fresh products. I always try to stop in when I'm in town.
Cheers J

Welcome and wait on the bottling. You'll have much better beer if you leave it in the fermenter for 2-3 weeks and let the yeast cleanup.

I thought I had read that you don't want to leave your beer on the yeast cake for too long. My beer began to sediment by day 3 so its been sitting on the cake for a good 6 days. Is there a generally recommended time to site after sedimentation?

Welcome duke,
Just to let you know, you also have a great resource in Winooski. Anne and Matt have great knowledge and super fresh products. I always try to stop in when I'm in town.
Cheers J

You are telling me! That's where i got my equipment. They are super helpful and very positive.

Back