Burner Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

its02003

Reaction score
I am in the middle of drawing up plans for a single tier sculpture.

I am at the point of researching and hunting for materials to satisfy the needs of said sculpture. I think I have found the burners I will be using: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0053261518018a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=bayou+classic&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=bayou+classic&noImage=0

My plan is to cut the stand in half and bolt each half onto the right and left sides of the sculpture. I really just want to know how loud these puppies are. I am pretty sure they are the high pressure burners on Bayou's other models and I have seen mixed reviews when reading opinions on the noise.

Any and all opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Those are the same burner jets as one finds on the SQ 14 when I run my 14s each individually off of their own 10 psi regulator, I get sufficent heat to bring 15 gallons of water to a boil in 20 minutes. I do not think that running 2 burners off of 1 10 psi regulator would cut it, so make sure that thing has a huge regulator on it...

when I frist turned them on I thought "WOW these things sound like a jet engine" but now I am used to it and don't think they are all that bad. They won't wake the neighbors if that is what you are asking.

I think my old 55k cast burner is louder than my SQ14. YMMV. Neither is as loud as a Banjo.

Back