fermentability and brewhouse yield dependency on mash pH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiser

Reaction score
For a while now I'm working on a fairly comprehensive series of micro mashes in which I try to determine not only the qualitative but also the quantitative effect of various single infusion mash parameters on the fermentability of the produced wort.

I'm finally at a point where I can release the data for the pH series:

limit of attenuation experiment

Scan it over or read it through. The article is far from complete, but good enough for discussing the data and methods.

(this has also been posted on the NB forum)

Kai

Kaiser, someday I'm going to brew enough beer and read enough books so that I can go back to all of your old posts and understand what the hell is going on. Ever since the research class i took in my grad studies i still shudder at the words qualitative and quantitative....

Nice work! I always thought that maximizing brewhouse efficiency would lead to more attenuated beers, but I can see that's not necessarily the case.

My head hurts! :drunk:

Great job Kaiser! Thank you for posting this, and I will have to read it again before I can start to make comments, but this is awsome!

Back