Where can a guy get a drink around here?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nasty_rabbit

Reaction score
July 1st I will be heading to the Pittsburgh area (Aliquippa) then to Bear Del. then to the Philly area. I don't see that I will have time for brewery tours but would like to find some local Growler shops or brew pubs. Any suggestions?

Stewart's in Bear, DE is a pretty good brewpub. A distributor I know just told me he's going commercial. And if you catch them at the right time you can see them do there thing from in the bar/restaurant.

Growlers in Pittsburgh: East End Brewing in East Liberty or House of 1000 Beers in New Kensington.

July 1st I will be heading to the Pittsburgh area (Aliquippa) then to Bear Del. then to the Philly area. I don't see that I will have time for brewery tours but would like to find some local Growler shops or brew pubs. Any suggestions?

Not sure about the other places, but in downtown Philadelphia, my favorite non-brew pubs are Eulogy, Monks, and Local 44. For brew pubs I like Triumph (across the street from Eulogy) and Nodding Head. All of these have decent food, too.

If you will have a car and the time, Victory is about 45 minutes from the city. The beer at Victory is top notch, they are one of my favorite breweries. However, the food kind of sucks. They have a gift shop with bottles and such, you can also fill growlers there.

Back