Kegerator - Foam First 5 Secs...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm747

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have had a kegerator for several years now, it's a Haier. I have it set to 38 degrees with a 5' line. I haven't used it for my homebrew yet since I'm new to it/here, but whenever I pour I have to run maybe 1/4 of a glass in a seperate glass until it runs clear and then I slide my glass under.

I don't want to be wasting any of my homebrew and I've been reading that some people are using 10' lines. I already have the forced air into the tower for years and cooling the tower has never stopped the problem. I've had Yuengling, Coors Light, Miller Lite, Killians, nothing expensive but everything always pours the same. I pull the tap with a seperate cup under for 2-3 seconds and then put my glass under when it starts running clear. Even if I pour a glass and come back 10 minutes later I have to use the same procedure.

Micromatic says that if I use more than 5' of line the beer will be over carbonated. Do they not know what they are talking about???

Thanks for any ideas or solutions you can provide.

Tim

I would say its not the length of the hose unless its was constantly pouring foam. I think it either the temp difference with the beer in the kg to the rest of the system or maybe just that styl of tap and how the mechanism works. I know with the cobra taps if you dont pull them hard fast you get foamed pretty good.

I have 8ft lines set at 13psi and the first pour of each keg of the night will give me about 1/4 to 1/3rd cup of foam. Its only the first pour of the night and after that it will pour perfect. I just attribute it to the shanks and faucets being warmer then the beer itself. They get noticeably warmer after the first pour. I just always give him the first glass then take the second for myself. Its my reward for getting up to pour them.

Back