CO2 in Edmonton, AB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

63belair

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I'm going to be moving up to Edmonton in the not so distant future and was wondering what the C02 situation was like up there. Do you know of any good places to get C02 fills or tank exchanges for a decent price?

Also, if you know of any good LHBS' in the area, that would be great too.

Cheers!

Well I called and there is a place called recharge center they fill a 5 lb tank for 22 and hydro test for 19

I get my CO2 at OxyPro because it's close to where I live. It's on 86th street and 63rd ave. I think there's one on the north side as well.

As for price, I originally paid $130 +tax for a full 5lb tank as I didn't already have one and was worried about ordering one with my kit in case it didn't have the proper approvals. The last exchange was $21 including the enviro charge and tax.

I didn't look around to compare prices so not sure if that's out of line to anywhere else in the city.

As for LHBS, consensus is the best one in the area is the south side Winning Wines Plus on 111st. Extract around here is pricey but they do have a good selection of hops and the occassional group grain buy. And a large supply of Wyeast brought in weekly.

Hope that helps a bit.

Yea I'm in the same boat, I don't yet have a tank, and I'm nervous about buying a used one in case it doesn't meet spec. Also I'm currently in the US and I'm not sure if there are differences in regulations between the US and Canada.

Thanks for the info!

Back