Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harris

Reaction score
I am all charged up about my first batch of brew. I am looking at kits and equipment and I am wondering if I should just go with a keg conversion? I don't want to spend money on a stainless kettle only to have to buy a keg conversion anyway. What do you think????

Thanks
Harris

You're probably getting ahead of yourself because there are a LOT of new challenges when you go full boil, and even more full boil in a keggle. Burners, chillers, and hop utilization oh my. Start with a nice stock pot that you'll use for cooking in the future.

I'm with Bobby M on this. If you are committed to starting off with full boils either AG or extract get a good stainless pot and with the money you save get the other - in my opinion - essentials such as a wort chiller and good propane burner. Even if down the road you decide to go with a bigger system having another good big pot around will be handy.

PS for what it's worth I've been brewing for over 20 years now and as much as I have lusted after the bigger fancier systems I love the simplicity and easy storage of just using a pot and cooler.

Back