Wedding Beer - Wellerator (themed beer dispenser)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnj

Reaction score
My brother got married of the weekend and months ago had asked me to bring/make beer. It was an 'old time country' wedding, took place on an old farm and the bride/groom rode up the isle on horses.

I made this thing out of 1.5 inch thick pink foam board, painted it to look like weathered wood and used real wood for the uprights and on the roof. It comes apart and fits flat in the trunk of my car. I tied four kegs to the back of my seats (in the backseat, behind driver/passenger seats) and the CO2 tank went into a plastic bucket with a towel to keep it secure.

This thing fit right in on the farm and people loved it. Even better, they loved the beer. Even non-beer drinkers were having a pint or two because it was homeade and not something they would have access to normally.

0715012035b.jpg

It holds four kegs and the CO2 tank inside.

0716011344.jpg

0716011344a.jpg

0716011946.jpg

Just the bottom box/lid is painted. The uprights and shingles on the roof are real wood.

Painting the box was easy. I bought three cans of flat spray paint, grey, tan and a darkish brown. I covered the pink with the grey first. I had some old yellow latex and some white latex that I mixed to make a light yellow. I used an old 3 inch wide flat paint brush and did lose strokes up/down. This gave the 'wood grain' look. I then went back over that with very light tan/brown spraypaint to give the wood color.

I then used two pieces of wood to make a 'template' for the vertical dark lines that indicate single pieces of wood. By laying these 'template' pieces next to each other with a 1/4 inch gap, I sprayed black paint (I had a can of black, so I didn't need to purchase this) between the gap. I then used a sharpie to draw in the knots.

I did it over a few days in my spare time. I don't have a total amount of hours calculated but it wasn't too many. and because I started two weeks before I needed it, I had plenty of time to think about each step before doing it.

<-------- impressed! good job! i'd so keep that thing as an actual kegorator too, right in the backyard!

Latest posts

Back