Low temps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are the consequences of fermenting at low temperatures. I've got an extra foreign stout coming up on 2 weeks in primary and the temps have been ranging from the high 50's to the low-mid 60's.(im cheap on my gas bill) I had assumed that low temps would just mean that it would take longer to ferment. Let me know whats up. Thanks :drunk:

My basement does not get above 60 in the winter. have no trouble at all using nottingham or 05. I see no difference in quality or time from the summer where it stays at 70.

What are the consequences of fermenting at low temperatures. I've got an extra foreign stout coming up on 2 weeks in primary and the temps have been ranging from the high 50's to the low-mid 60's.(im cheap on my gas bill) I had assumed that low temps would just mean that it would take longer to ferment. Let me know whats up. Thanks :drunk:

What yeast did you use?

Eric

Back