Ok...I know it may have already been posted here before...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recusit8m

Reaction score
Hi again all...Hope all of my fellow homebrewing brothers and sisters are doing well...I have a question to pose to all of you...Irecieved an apartment sized fridge for a measly amount of cash (15$) and I am going to convert into my "kegerator" and start kegging my next batch...Its a single door with the freezer on the inside..I think its 10.5 or 11 square ft...I would like to have the 2 faucets come thru the butter door...I have already removed the crisper...

Questions are...

1) How many cornys will fit? (Im thinking 2)

2) What is the best option for the CO2 tank? (inside or out...I would like to keep the tank outside so I can put at least 2 inside...)

3) If I can keep the tank outside, What do I do with the gas in line to the keg as to not kink the line? (Cut a hole in the rubber seal around the door?)

and lastly...

4) When cutting my hole what is the best way to keep the plastic inside of the door from cracking to pieces as I want to use some of that space for my bottled batches and special commercial brews?..(Allagash Cru, and some of my Belgians)

Thanks again all...Jason

have a picture or modle number?
I was able to fit 2 in mine. and it ran all the time because of the empty space.

Had i built a deck to i could have as much floor space as possible, I probably could have fit 4, and mounted the tank to the inside of the door.

Best place to get the gas line in, would probably be in the back lower corner, where the compressor is, alot less coolant lines back there.

Back