Grass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skunkhuffer

Reaction score
I ran into all this stuff they call "fresh cut grass" when I mowed the lawn earlier today. Was wondering if anyone has heard of this peculiar substance before and if anyone has tried to ferment with it? (mead/wine/beer)

No really. Grass. Lawn grass..... Imagine the smell! :ban:

Based on your other thread, I think you have been smoking too much of the other kind of grass.

First post, and on such a fun thread.

Considering THC is fat soluble, would it be possible to add an emulsifier to disperse the oil into the mostly water(beer) solution? Hey, it's what they do with all those crappy Italian Dressings at the grocery store.

(pictures image of beer looking like crappy italian dressing and shivers)

Hey, you're being adventurous for wanting to make the beer... Why not be adventurous in it's consumption. Just imagine the look on your friends faces when you pour that concoction out into some pint (or shot) glasses and tell them "It will f*** you up!"

HA! :drunk: :fro:

I ran into all this stuff they call "fresh cut grass" when I mowed the lawn earlier today. Was wondering if anyone has heard of this peculiar substance before and if anyone has tried to ferment with it? (mead/wine/beer)

No really. Grass. Lawn grass..... Imagine the smell! :ban:
Mmm. I have noticed that none of my beers taste of compost. If ever I want to do something about that, I'll give serious thought to this suggestion.

:drunk:

Based on your other thread, I think you have been smoking too much of the other kind of grass.

Nah, just havin fun. Don't do that stuff anymore. I think it's what made me this way to begin with. ;)

Mmm. I have noticed that none of my beers taste of compost. If ever I want to do something about that, I'll give serious thought to this suggestion. :drunk:

Ha! And I bet the army worm wine tastes like worms. My buddy loves the smell of fresh cut grass for some crazy reason. Figured he would fall all over himself if I actually fermented it into a drinkable beverage. It got me thinking when I read the thread regarding the craziest things anyone has fermented. Didnt see that on there....

Kinda crazy about your friend.

Eventually I would like to do something with Mate grass, Also known as Yerba Mate.

If you go to the ethnic section of most grocery stores you will find a golden can of soda labeled Materva. Do yourself a favor and have one, its fantastic.

I have also brewed yerba mate tea using the tools in the link i gave you and it came out really good. Someday i might toss that somewhere into brewing :).

In college I created a drink I called "Fresh Cut Lawn". Imagine making a Gin and Tonic, except instead of tonic use Dole's Peach Juice. Tasted just like a lawn.

Here's how Northern Brewer describes Newport hops:

"Very new, super high alpha hop with an earthy, slightly resinous aroma- sometimes described as "new mown hay."

Maybe this would be a better option than actually using grass?

Back