what is your occupation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Systems Service Representative - On site hardware and software support for Point-of Sales, xSeries (intel server), pSeries (RISC6000 server), NetApp (Storage) and CISCO(networking) for a large International 3-letter company. (Repair Tech)

Edit: Prior to this, 15 years as a framing carpenter.

Another archaeologist, huh? I work for NPS, but don't get out in the field much. I'm finishing my PhD right now...ramifications for social organization based on material culture change in the Late Copper Age on the Great Hungarian Plain.

Wow a fellow archaeologist. Sounds like an interesting thesis your working on, best of luck. I work in the CRM field, so for work I have to know a lot about both historic and prehistoric archaeology. My real focus is paleo settlement patterns in periglacial environments, CRM just pays the bills.

3rd grade teacher and, up until recently, high school wrestling coach. Had to give that up so I could spend more time with my own kids.

wow the walmart hate comes out even on this site...one would think making 15.00 + an hour to audit inventory would be a good thing in these hard economic times. I reckon it's better to be gainfully unemployed and making zip, zero,nada than to work at the dreaded Wal effing Mart...and no i don't unload trucks

Self employed small business owner, positioning myself for another attempt at corporate life, project management or operations, essentially, I miss the ease of 9-5 days and the security of a full time job, if that even exists....Might have to go back to school.....

I am a Loading Supervisor for Truck Drivers that load and transport vehicles.

For 2 1/2 months I had to get back on a truck because of the economy, that was about four months ago. So I guess I swing both ways on that one (ONLY).

Medically retired US Marine, and now a grad student paying out the ass to learn how to teach elementary school!

natebomb, don't do it !!
I miss a steady paycheck ( for the past 6 years ) but who needs $ ??

i work every saturday, but there is nobody at the boat landing on a tuesday.!. nobody understands what I do and think I sleep all day.. but my job is great and about 60hrs a week !

Substitute teacher by day, or at least the days I feel like it, and firmware engineer by night. By night I mean when I'm not subbing, brewing, or doing anything else.

I'm an AK fishing guide during the summer and driving the SWMBO crazy with home brewing during the winter. (sell some wholesale seafood on the side)

Network technician, stagehand, former audio engineer/technician, Engineering student, Theatre production student.

Sounds familiar... I am a "computer network technician" according to HR. But I do everything from mixing live sound, hanging lights, rigging, running lights, tech support, systems administration, telecom tech, projectionist.... all for the low low price of a University California entry level position on furlough!

Unemployed- of the retired variety. Taught high school history for 32 years, hung it up 8 years ago. Brew, garden, and keep house for working spouse. Everything I read about the public schools makes me realize how lucky I am.....

Network Security Engineer.

Basically I write policy, tell people to stop doing things and configure firewalls/IDS systems. Its good times.

Software developer, mostly Java and .NET.

Judging from my office, there seems to be a lot of computer nerds that are into homebrewing. My company even has an official homebrew club :mug:

I man the front lines at the triple B, Bring your oversized poster of a coupon to me! I wish everyday to not be working at that job.

I work as a network technician for a regional telco/ISP.

Kill me.

Back