Rogue and there customer service.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spongerob

Reaction score
Recently I purchased a growler of Dead Guy Ale from a local store here in NH. To my dismay when I got home to open it, it was flat. Not a single bubble. But being who I am and I'm sure a few of you would to, I still drank it. well most of it.
I decided I would let Rogue know through there contact us link on there home page. I was very up front and honest that I still drank. And that it would still not turn me away from drinking there products in the future. I really just wanted to share.
After a kind apology and a couple more questions from there VP of Beer Sales. (Who was very nice if I may add) The email just ended with "the man in brown will visit soon".
A couple weeks went by and last night in the mail i recieved my payback. With a kind hand written post card apologizing again hoping this made it right.
Well I must say it certainly did.
I am a Rogue fan for life. First I loved there beers and now they have shown me that they truly care for there customers.
I told them that I would continue to spred the good word, so here I am.
Just thought I would share something positve.
:mug:

As long as they didn't send you any of that voodoo maple bacon beer, it's all good!

Good to hear a positive report like that. It's not what you expect today.

I love the vodoo maple bacon! best thing to start your sunday.

And rogue is one of my favorite breweries. consistently excellent.

It took me a few minutes to figure out "the man in brown will visit soon". But it was a good play on words.

They replaced my Growler with another and also gave me a 22 oz. of Dead Guy. Plus some swag.

I went to their brew pub in downtown Newport, OR (not the actual brewery). Great beer drinking experience. Our waiter greeted us with a sample of their latest one off beers, and was quick with several other samples for the table. He never gave us the, "we have a sampler tray, you know" that I've received for other brew pubs. Now, to pick up the oldest Dead Guy growler I can find from the slowest grocery store in town...

Great.. ANY idea as to what it is.. ? Is it still live in their beers for extraction..?

CDGoin said:
Great.. ANY idea as to what it is.. ? Is it still live in their beers for extraction..?

Yeah you can propagate it from some (not all) of Rogue's beers. I cannot remember which ones...

You can also order it in a Wyeast pack from a couple of the big name homebrew stores.

What characteristics does it have.. Ale , Lager, ..? I love their stouts.. and can only assume if I use their yeast, well....

The pacman yeast is similar to Wyeast 1056. I've been to Newport twice to both their "world headquarters" and the downtown public house. The wife and I stayed at the Rogue hotel above the public house and gave us a 15.00 discount for being Rogue members (free to join). A complimentary 22oz bottle of Brutal IPA sat in the fridge waiting for us and there were alot of cool beer mags around for our reading enjoyment.
At the world HQ I got a nice little tour from one of the employees where they make their dead guy whiskey. All who work there seem to have great attitudes and I've had nothing but great experiences with rogue.

Back