Beer It Forward

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't even have a chance to post that it's out for delivery.

Someone in Maine has a package at their front door.

Lies, it was left on the deck, the Fed ex guy and my dog are mortal enemies the dog was out front when he got here. We must be the start of his route because I've never had a Fed ex package delivered later than 9am here.

You guys really know how to help make a guy feel better. And at the same time make my wife wonder what exactly it is that I do online to make you guys like me better than "our" friends. (Mostly her friends, I'm not exactly a social butterfly)

Thanks a ton Matt, it's getting harder to know what to say without sounding like a broken record here because of all the generosity you guys have shown us. But you and yours are always welcome up here. And you have the entirety of my yeast bank at your disposal just lmk what you need and I'll be sure it's in the mail.

Ps you really know how to package a box.

20131016_080102_zps35839441.jpg

20131016_080627_zpsf89041c6.jpg

Nice, glad they all made it and you were able to get the package before leaving for work, haha. The HB is a barleywine aged on rum-soaked oak cubes. Tasted great at bottling, but haven't tried it since. I'm assuming it could use some more time. Hoping it is carbing up ok. Rolling the dice a little on sending it out, but I wasn't about to send you anything with 3711.

Had any of the others before?

Nice, glad they all made it and you were able to get the package before leaving for work, haha. The HB is a barleywine aged on rum-soaked oak cubes. Tasted great at bottling, but haven't tried it since. I'm assuming it could use some more time. Hoping it is carbing up ok. Rolling the dice a little on sending it out, but I wasn't about to send you anything with 3711.

Had any of the others before?

I've had insanity once before, enjoyed it a lot! The others are all new to me, I don't think any of them distribute here.

I'll age the barleywine a bit, it sounds delicious, not every day you get a 1 of 12 beer for your cellar! Thanks again mate!

Oh also, you upgraded my keychain opener, I was rocking an old smuttynose claw opener/knuckle cutter.

Edmund Fitzgerald and Exit 16 are both awesome. (If you don't mind me interjecting my two cents)

Haha, not at all. I agree! The Insanity is from last winter, so should drinking well come this winter. And I think El Cedro is my favorite of JK's regularly available offerings.

Oh also, you upgraded my keychain opener, I was rocking an old smuttynose claw opener/knuckle cutter.

Sorry I didn't include any CL brews to open with it. I don't think their standard beers are anything special, but their IIPA is great. I just couldn't find a fresh one.

Thanks a ton Matt, it's getting harder to know what to say without sounding like a broken record here because of all the generosity you guys have shown us. But you and yours are always welcome up here. And you have the entirety of my yeast bank at your disposal just lmk what you need and I'll be sure it's in the mail.

Ps you really know how to package a box.

Well done Matt. I included a few Great Lakes in my BIF box. I love that brewery, and can't wait for my first christmas ale.....it's only a matter of time until it reaches Columbus OH

mcbaumannerb said:
Yes - and thank you very much! I'm most looking forward to the Revolution beers and of course the rye Barleywine! Thank you for your generosity!

Glad to see they made it ok. I had never sent a beer package before and was worried it wasn't gonna make it.

Figured I would send some local stuff and that's what I had around. Are any of those available where you are at?

I was also hoping to include some zombie, but I went to the brewery twice this week and they were out both times.

Glad to see they made it ok. I had never sent a beer package before and was worried it wasn't gonna make it.

Figured I would send some local stuff and that's what I had around. Are any of those available where you are at?

I was also hoping to include some zombie, but I went to the brewery twice this week and they were out both times.

Two Brothers is available here but the rest are not. I've had Zombie before but not Gumballhead so that is fine by me! :mug:

MrNickVT said:
I really like gumballhead.

Had 2 cases of it about 5 days ago. Went there looking for zombie. Down to 5 bottles after my brothers and friends drank most this weekend!

pluchar said:
Had 2 cases of it about 5 days ago. Went there looking for zombie. Down to 5 bottles after my brothers and friends drank most this weekend!
damn hopefully they enjoyed it

There should be a box delivered today but I can't for the life of me find the tracking number to confirm that.

Yeast bank, sperm bank ... it was funnier the other day. :eek:

Oh and someone is getting a small box today, I think

Well you are welcome to my yeast bank as well! Haha

Wonderful box from hello! I still can't get over the kind heartedness I've received from you guys/gal. Thank you so much hello! Some delicious looking stuff here!

20131018_132002_zps8a33db3a.jpg

20131018_131001_zpsebd3f570.jpg

Btw guys take note, hello ships beer in beer bottle shaped molded Styrofoam. She wins.

Channel66 said:
Well you are welcome to my yeast bank as well! Haha Wonderful box from hello! I still can't get over the kind heartedness I've received from you guys/gal. Thank you so much hello! Some delicious looking stuff here! Btw guys take note, hello ships beer in beer bottle shaped molded Styrofoam. She wins.
You lucky guy.

I've been kind of watching this whole day to make sure it got there in one piece. Bottle shaped foam or not, I still worried. Order enough wine at once, you get fancy styrofoam. :D

And it was my pleasure.
Three things about the beer. I gathered (possibly wrong) that you may light sours. Wanting to keep it local, there are no sours here, not even bad ones. At least not bottled. Ergo, no sours. The bottle from Boone was just funny to me because Boone is not a place I'd ever think of when thinking of craft beer and it said "session" which made me laugh. I hear that word a lot when I feel people are trying too hard to be snobby about beer. Third, so people know how the kindness extended far past this site, the Troubadour was donated by Triangle Wine Company. They too wanted to pitch in and help Channel attempt to fill his cellar back up.

The end. I hope they are all truly delicious. I realize I went heavy on the IPAs though, it just kind of happened. :eek:

Did anyone tell channel about that party we are going to be throwing at his place this weekend ;) ? TGIF everyone and that is another great looking score Channel very cool.

I've been kind of watching this whole day to make sure it got there in one piece. Bottle shaped foam or not, I still worried. Order enough wine at once, you get fancy styrofoam. :D

And it was my pleasure.
Three things about the beer. I gathered (possibly wrong) that you may light sours. Wanting to keep it local, there are no sours here, not even bad ones. At least not bottled. Ergo, no sours. The bottle from Boone was just funny to me because Boone is not a place I'd ever think of when thinking of craft beer and it said "session" which made me laugh. I hear that word a lot when I feel people are trying too hard to be snobby about beer. Third, so people know how the kindness extended far past this site, the Troubadour was donated by Triangle Wine Company. They too wanted to pitch in and help Channel attempt to fill his cellar back up.

The end. I hope they are all truly delicious. I realize I went heavy on the IPAs though, it just kind of happened. :eek:

I do enjoy a sour beer, but like the snobs who talk about session beer, I tend to be a sour snob. I much prefer the local touch you added, I love tasting beer from all over. Make sure you extend my gratitude to triangle next time you swing in, it's greatly appreciated! Thank you! And if you're ever looking for Belgian yeast, give me a shout.

Did anyone tell channel about that party we are going to be throwing at his place this weekend ;) ? TGIF everyone and that is another great looking score Channel very cool.

Doors are open! Albeit they are locked due to the jackwangs that ripped me off, just use the secret knock I taught you, the wife is house ridden right now, she'll either open the door or if you let nyzzle knock she might ban you all for 3 days.

Well you are welcome to my yeast bank as well! Haha

Wonderful box from hello! I still can't get over the kind heartedness I've received from you guys/gal. Thank you so much hello! Some delicious looking stuff here!

Btw guys take note, hello ships beer in beer bottle shaped molded Styrofoam. She wins.

Nice haul channelcat! And props to hello.

I have reason to believe the recipient may not be in town - patience.

I can confirm this. The recipient most certainly is out of town! And his loving wife wasn't going to even tell him that he even received a package until he gets home a couple weeks from now!! I guess you guys figured out that I'm that guy! I can't even believe this! It was the very last thing I would have expected! You guys will have to be a little patient on a pic since I'm currently 1314 miles from the BIF package. Maybe my wife will text me a pic and get those puppies in the cellar for me!

This trip to OKC has been pretty rough and this completely brightened up my day! I was expecting to go home this weekend to visit my family, but my boss informed me that I'd have to wait till the end of OCT. So this is couldn't have had better timing!

Kevin, you ARE the MAN!!! (No offense to The Man! You're still The Man too, but right now, Kevin is THE Man!!)

Hopefully pics soon to follow...stay tuned.

tyzippers said:
I was expecting to go home this weekend to visit my family, but my boss informed me that I'd have to wait till the end of OCT. So this is couldn't have had better timing! Kevin, you ARE the MAN!!! (No offense to The Man! You're still The Man too, but right now, Kevin is THE Man!!) Hopefully pics soon to follow...stay tuned.
Very cool.

I have a box going out in the next day or two.

Also to a guy who's a bit too far from his cellar at the moment.

Very cool.

I have a box going out in the next day or two.

Also to a guy who's a bit too far from his cellar at the moment.

I'm my living room which is right over the cellar, but I have to walk about 100 feet to get there, so it's gotta be me!

I can confirm this. The recipient most certainly is out of town! And his loving wife wasn't going to even tell him that he even received a package until he gets home a couple weeks from now!! I guess you guys figured out that I'm that guy! I can't even believe this! It was the very last thing I would have expected! You guys will have to be a little patient on a pic since I'm currently 1314 miles from the BIF package. Maybe my wife will text me a pic and get those puppies in the cellar for me!

This trip to OKC has been pretty rough and this completely brightened up my day! I was expecting to go home this weekend to visit my family, but my boss informed me that I'd have to wait till the end of OCT. So this is couldn't have had better timing!

Kevin, you ARE the MAN!!! (No offense to The Man! You're still The Man too, but right now, Kevin is THE Man!!)

Hopefully pics soon to follow...stay tuned.

You're very welcome sir! Glad it made your day a little better - hopefully these next 2 weeks fly by for you. Take care!

TNGabe said:
I'm my living room which is right over the cellar, but I have to walk about 100 feet to get there, so it's gotta be me!
That does sound like it qualifies as "a bit too far"...

Back