my new kegerator project!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HighPlainsDrifter

Reaction score
8240-100_0515.JPG

I can't believe my luck! I work in historic restoration and occasionally I get lucky and receive someone else's trash. Today I got a real treasure. We are redoing a Bed and Breakfast and the owner told me to get rid of a few appliances. I am the proud new owner of a Beverage-Air cooler. It stands at about seven feet tall and is 22 inches wide and 32 inches deep. You could conceivably fit 11 cornies and a ten pound co2 cylinder inside. I've been slowly stocking supplies to make a kegerator and waiting for an opportunity like this to come along. All I'm lacking now is a four way gas manifold, the lines, shanks, and regulator. I got home and plugged this baby in and within thirty minutes it had cooled to 33 degrees. The really nice thing about it is it's small footprint, all that storage and only 4.89 square feet of floor space used.

Edit: Kenmore freezer given away.

Bobby_M said:
She's a beaut Clark!

I'm watching Strange Brew right now! If I were to own a brewery I would be really tempted to call it 'Elsinore Brewery' or 'The Royal Canadian Institute for the Mentally Insane Brewing Company' - the second ones a little long thuogh.

Nice fridge BTW, yes I'm jealous. Can't beat free and nice.

landhoney said:
I'm watching Strange Brew right now! If I were to own a brewery I would be really tempted to call it 'Elsinore Brewery' or 'The Royal Canadian Institute for the Mentally Insane Brewing Company' - the second ones a little long thuogh.

Nice fridge BTW, yes I'm jealous. Can't beat free and nice.

rofl, you are prolly the second person ive ever herd of talk about that movie! LOL its a nice canadian classic that NO ONE knows about!!

I can't help but feel a little small in comparison. Color me jealous. And strange brew could have its own ongoing thread...classic ehh

blefferd said:
rofl, you are prolly the second person ive ever herd of talk about that movie! LOL its a nice canadian classic that NO ONE knows about!!
Au contraire...re-phrase that to, "a classic that no one under 30 knows about." It was quite popular a few years ago...

Now stop making me feel old.

sirsloop said:
git r dun!

I cleaned it out over the weekend. I just got finished drilling holes for the shanks, and running the CO2 line. I am going to mount the air tank on the side of the wall of the cabinet that I'm building to put the fridge in. I just happen to be remodeling the room next to the kitchen so... I've got the perfect space right beside the kitchen fridge all picked out. Brewed all weekend in preparation.

I am looking to have it finished in about ten days (waiting on the mail for parts), I will have two batches ready for the kegs by then. I guess I will have to find a temporary spot for it until I finish the remodel. Right now I am set up for three taps, not sure if I am going to add more or not. We shall see. I did hook up with a eight way gas manifold on ebay over the weekend sooooo you never know.:rockin:

blefferd said:

Take off, eh? That movie is a beauty! Hey, somebody horked our clothes!! :D

Good lord. I own a copy of Strangebrew. If only Sierra Nevada offered a lifetime supply of beer if you find a mouse in your brew............ahhhhhh. Id HATE to drink myself out of a tank though (yeah right)
I am your father, Luke. Give in to the dark side of the force, you knob.

Drunkensatyr said:
Good lord. I own a copy of Strangebrew. If only Sierra Nevada offered a lifetime supply of beer if you find a mouse in your brew............ahhhhhh. Id HATE to drink myself out of a tank though (yeah right)
I am your father, Luke. Give in to the dark side of the force, you knob.

He's seen Jedi 17 times!

I would be finished today, but when UPS came, the box only had one shank in it. The paperwork said that the others are on back order. I called the company and they said they would call me back. No word yet. I've already drilled holes for three shanks so I can't even cool a keg and serve off of one tap :mad: .

I did however, pressure check and clean my empty kegs so the day was not a total waste.:mug:

Shanks were pretty cheap too $9.50. (www.servu-online.com) Guess that's why I'm waiting on them.

Just duct tape the holes and use paper or styro inside.

I used a rather large bolt to fill in the hole on my old kegerator.
3712-IMG_9830.JPG

You'll be fine. Enjoy the weekend with a tapper.

olllllo said:
Just duct tape the holes and use paper or styro inside.

You'll be fine. Enjoy the weekend with a tapper.

I not really worried about it. It's just that I'm so close. The beer can age for another week or so, I've got plenty of bottles and I'm brewing tomorrow...life is good.

Back