Caramel cream ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never seen anything other than some type of sugar used for priming before bottling. Do you just put the 3 ingredients together in a pot, boil, cool, and add it to the bottling bucket?

this was one of my first beers i brewed years ago... i was talking about it last night with my wife and she perked up and asked me to do it again. have a dogfish 60 in primary and zombie dust brewing this sunday. next up, this bad boy.

Okay, since I got no reply I went ahead and brewed this according to recipe, with minor changes:
yeast is k-97
Total lactose is 230G, which is 8oz
and 3 Oz total of real pure vanilla extract
half vanilla after boil, half when bottling.

my thoughts? barely any sweetness from lactose. this is my first time brewing with lactose, so i dont know what I shouldv'e expected.
second is no vanilla flavor whatsoever.

beer is actually good. however not according to what I thought this is gonna turn out. If I will make this again I will double the vanilla and maybe do 300g lactose.

Okay, since I got no reply I went ahead and brewed this according to recipe, with minor changes:
yeast is k-97
Total lactose is 230G, which is 8oz
and 3 Oz total of real pure vanilla extract
half vanilla after boil, half when bottling.

my thoughts? barely any sweetness from lactose. this is my first time brewing with lactose, so i dont know what I shouldv'e expected.
second is no vanilla flavor whatsoever.

beer is actually good. however not according to what I thought this is gonna turn out. If I will make this again I will double the vanilla and maybe do 300g lactose.
last update on this. Beer is friggin awesome after aging for 6 weeks. everybody love it.

Back