Help me increase brew days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramthebuffs

Reaction score
As of now I have a mini-fridge fermenter. I'm bottling on brew days and would like to increase my output. One idea is to buy another johnson control and a fermwrap/brewbelt to have a 2nd makeshift type fermentation chamber.

Another option I have is to pull the beer after the fermentation has chilled out. This is the option that I'm leaning toward. I have a room thats pretty stable 70-75. I think that is ok for late fermentation/diacetyl rest area. What I'm thinking is like 5 days for low og and maybe 7-9 days for high og beers in the fermentation fridge before moving them into the room for a few days to a week before the backyard crash.

Does this seem reasonable? Are my days more or less correct on controlled temp fermentation?

Once the primary fermentation has finished, you are fine for letting it go to a higher temperature and let it sit while the yeasties clean up after themselves.

Another option is to add a swamp cooler to your set-up. I control ferment temps by using a swamp cooler and I have a couple set up so I can have multiple brews fermenting at the same time.

Back