Anyone Local

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve123

Reaction score
Anyone in the Philly Area?

Just looking around for other Home Brew Stores, I know one down 202 by Delaware, and we usually go to one in Havertown on Darby Rd.

Wondering if anyone is around us and where you go/what experiences you may have had with those places. The only problem I have with our current store is the hours, 9-5 and closed Sunday and Monday. Rough when you work an 8-4:30 job over half an hour away. That and the owner is a great guy but seems to not be a huge fan of flavored beers, so we're kinda on our own..except you guys of course.

Then again maybe it is better to just try it on our own and succeed or fail that way.

HAHA Where in Drexel Hill I'm in Lansdowne.

If you go up Lansdowne Ave into Havertown, just passed the school, and just before the split for Darby and Eagle. It'll be on your left Right next to Cycleline I think the bike shop is called, real small place, nice owner....I'm not sure how big of a selection that is compared to other stores, as I haven't been IN any.

Used to live in Drexel Hill. The guy at Brew your own beer on Darby Road is great. He's amazingly helpful. His stock is just ok, but he'll order anything you want. Now my closest store is the Keystone in Bethlehem. Great selection there, and I assume the Montgomeryville location is just as good. You, however, won't get quite the same personal attention there. Either way, I think you'll be happy.

Litterally Just got back from the shop on Darby Road. Ran there on my lunch break, working in Radnor. Grew up in Springfield. PJNC and I had discussed maybe having a beer swap early next year after we get a few more batches ready. More the merrier as far as I am concerned if anyone else wants in! (Sorry to hijack the thread - ill start a post for that later...)

I usually go to the Wine/Beer emporium on 202 by Mcenzie's brew house because its closer to West Chester where I live. Its getting expensive up there. Im starting to get most of my stuff on line.

I hate to nitpick but this thread is an example of poor Thread Subject selection that I argued about in a different thread. The topic is really "Is anyone local to Philly, PA"? Better yet, "Favorite Hombrew Shops near Philly, PA?"
Everyone is forced to open the thread to see "local to where".

I don't mean to single anyone out but this was just a good example. Try to summarize the intent of the post in the subject. You'll really get the best responses possible that way. :mug: Carry on.

Bobby_M said:
I hate to nitpick but this thread is an example of poor Thread Subject selection that I argued about in a different thread. The topic is really "Is anyone local to Philly, PA"? Better yet, "Favorite Hombrew Shops near Philly, PA?"
Everyone is forced to open the thread to see "local to where".

I don't mean to single anyone out but this was just a good example. Try to summarize the intent of the post in the subject. You'll really get the best responses possible that way. :mug: Carry on.

Perhaps you should PM a mod and request a thread title change

i've been to home sweet homebrew a few times, they are always really helpful and will offer advice on all things, recipes, equipment etc. i haven't really put their stock to the test with anything advanced yet but they seem to have the most common grains etc. in stock.

i'm near cherry hill in NJ and i've also been to beercrafters on route 42 (too far for you philly guys i expect). good stocks but i don't find the staff to be as engaged as at home sweet homebrew.

Latest posts

Back