July sale $43 15" Jaybird false bottoms from Nor Cal Brewing Solutions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a technical difference from the regular hinge or reverse hinge install? Can't I just flip the false bottom over?

Is there a technical difference from the regular hinge or reverse hinge install? Can't I just flip the false bottom over?

yes you can totally flip it over... Unless you added a handle. Then the handle would be facing down. It just lets us know where to put the handle and or the hinges for you.

Cheers
Jay

I know it's getting down to the wire, but I would like the code please. I just started converting a keg to a MLT, so the timing is great.

Well I was able to break away for a spell....

PM's sent guys.

I think its going to be a race to see who gets their orders in first.... only 4 left to sell at this price.

Cheers
Jay

i would like a code please...will this work for igloo cooler? if so, I plan on making a mash tun out of the cooler...thanks

Got it, looks and fits great, wife looks confused, fits the 1/2" copper line perfectly!

As expected, I have to extend the copper dip tube by 5".

Hoping to brew up a batch next weekend. A nice copper IPA that has become my main beer (although I've been out of it for over a year).

Thanks Jay!

--

Steve

Wild. Was just checking out your custom false bottoms and then I stumbled upon this thread.

Have you done any custom false bottoms for this 15 gal heavy duty brew kettle? I can certainly measure it, but I figured I'd ask if you already had the diameter on file.

I'd love a promo code. Cheers! :mug:

Wild. Was just checking out your custom false bottoms and then I stumbled upon this thread.

Have you done any custom false bottoms for this 15 gal heavy duty brew kettle? I can certainly measure it, but I figured I'd ask if you already had the diameter on file.

I'd love a promo code. Cheers! :mug:

Yep I build false bottoms for those kettle all the time. The ID is 17 5/8" and I would be happy to build you one. Although the code was for a 15" false bottom only. Keep me in mind if you decide to pull the trigger on the build. I would love to help.

Cheers
Jay

I really want to thank everyone that got in on the July promo. You guys kept me hopping that's for sure. I was able to get most all orders custom built and out the door in less than 3 days! Man I love having my new shop set up!! Makes building Soooooooo much faster!

So glad we could set up a bunch of you guys with a great False Bottom system....

Cheers
Jay

I have been buying the gear (pumps, fittings, O-rings, sight glass, sparge arm) to build my 3 keggle HERMS system from you guys and could not be happier. Now it's time for the two false bottoms. I found this thread from last year and was wondering if you kept the program going? Anything you can do to help is appreciated. I'll be getting two hinged 15" level 3 filters with dip tubes with compression fittings. That's a $300 order without shipping. HELP?

EDIT:
Sorry Jay I didnt even realize this was an old thread! ID10T... I am...

Jaybird,
I need two for keggles (15") MLT and Boil.. Like the hinge and handle and hole for pickup.. Not sure about boil though. Is it better to have center pickup with say a level 3 in the boil or side pickup for say a whirlpool set up?

EDIT:
Sorry Jay I didnt even realize this was an old thread! ID10T... I am...

Jaybird,
I need two for keggles (15") MLT and Boil.. Like the hinge and handle and hole for pickup.. Not sure about boil though. Is it better to have center pickup with say a level 3 in the boil or side pickup for say a whirlpool set up?

with the level 3 there is no reason to whirlpool so center pick up is perfect for that application in the boil kettle. The level 3 was designed for a boil kettle.

Cheers
Jay

Back