Our newest rescue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfstar

Reaction score
We pulled this guy from the Coolidge animal shelter...lots of drama surrounding this guy (4 months old no less). He almost got put down, but now he is safe...Meet Khaleel!

Just have to get him fixed, vaccinated and microchipped and he can go to his forever home :ban:

TKH.jpg

Really cool what you do. Always wanted a wolfdog, but living in the city probably makes it unlikely/illegal for me. Still glad the animals are not being put-down.

My wife and i are now wrestling with the decision of taking on a second dog. Its 11 months old and the lady cant keep up with its energy so she wanted to take it back to the shelter but being our first dog was a rescue i cant really bear to see a dog go back into the shelter after a month or so out. We have the space and our dog is high energy but man its tough.

I commend you for takin it on. Its a very nice looking dog.

Our dog is a pound puppie too. Found wandering about, rocks in stomach, ran away every chance he got at first.

After a few months though we quickly realized we had received the best dog ever. He stopped running away, wouldn't leave our side most of the time, and in 4 years he's never had a single accident or chewed anything up.

He learned sit, shake, lay, roll, circle in a week's time. Speak took another few days and lately we decided to try play dead.

He's never bit or been aggressive to our kids, 2 and 7 at the time we got him. He is very protective though. If I invite you in or he knows you, just don't make sudden movements towards me or my family. If you're uninvited and he doesn't know you...look out.

He's snapped at some kids for playing rough, usually with toy guns involved, but never hurt one.

He gets stigmatized because he's part pit-bull, but he's a huge baby. I can't imagine a better dog. He does everything I tell him and like I said, there have been unforseen situations where he was inside for extended periods...never one accident.

Just my story of a dog nobody wanted. Best I've ever had.

We have 2 hi energy dogs. Getting the second was the best thing we ever did. They keep each other occupied on the days we don't run with them. Makes life a lot easier when life gets busy. I say go for it!

jsemeyn said:
We have 2 hi energy dogs. Getting the second was the best thing we ever did. They keep each other occupied on the days we don't run with them. Makes life a lot easier when life gets busy. I say go for it!

Thats what i was thinking our male is only 1 1/2 so an 11month old will be a great playmate for him

Back