What SIze Oetiker Clamp For 1/2" ID Silicon Hose On 1/2" Barbs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryHill

Reaction score
The silicone hose 'squeezes' and the clamps are in metric and collapse only a small amount. :p

What size O clamp did you use?

I assume you are looking for the Oetiker Stepless Ear Clamps? I think we would need to know the OD of your Silicone tubing as 1/2" Silicone tubing can be either 1/16" wall or 5/8" OD or 1/8" wall or 3/4" OD. If your Silicone tubing has an OD of 5/8" I would say you need a 17mm clamp (Open IN: .669", Closed IN: .571") and if the OD of your Silicone Tubing was 3/4" you need a 21mm clamp (Open IN: .827", Closed IN: .701").

Sawdustguy's answer is pretty much all you need, just wanted to say that I love the Oetiker clamps. I have a lot in my system and they are very secure and leak/rust free.

I assume you are looking for the Oetiker Stepless Ear Clamps? I think we would need to know the OD of your Silicone tubing as 1/2" Silicone tubing can be either 1/16" wall or 5/8" OD or 1/8" wall or 3/4" OD. If your Silicone tubing has an OD of 5/8" I would say you need a 17mm clamp (Open IN: .669", Closed IN: .571") and if the OD of your Silicone Tubing was 3/4" you need a 21mm clamp (Open IN: .827", Closed IN: .701").

Yeah, forgot to give the OD.:eek:
Thanks for the help!

Like this only a little smaller. ;)
'Stepless' means no ends of the bands in the ID so a better, more firm grip.

image_2999.jpg

The worm clamps let the meat come through the worm screw slots, and the loose tabs catch on stuff. :(

Just remember to add the tubing wall thickness to the outer diameter of the Camlock barb if you're going to be putting oetiker clamps over silicone hose over the barb. I tried putting 21mm clamps over the 3/4" Barb on a 1/2" SS Highflow camlock connector from bargainfittings... and I forgot to add in the 1/8" tubing wall thickness. Couldn't get the 21mm oetiker clamp over the barb with the hose attached. Ended up ordering new 23.5mm oetiker clamps to fit the bill. They come in later this week, and I'm thinking they'll do the trick.

Just remember to add the tubing wall thickness to the outer diameter of the Camlock barb if you're going to be putting oetiker clamps over silicone hose over the barb. I tried putting 21mm clamps over the 3/4" Barb on a 1/2" SS Highflow camlock connector from bargainfittings... and I forgot to add in the 1/8" tubing wall thickness. Couldn't get the 21mm oetiker clamp over the barb with the hose attached. Ended up ordering new 23.5mm oetiker clamps to fit the bill. They come in later this week, and I'm thinking they'll do the trick.

I ordered 21mm too they don't fit with my 3/4" silicon tubing and camlocks from bargain fittings. Did the 23.5's work? I just replaced the battery on my calipers and I'm reading 23.8mm so I was thinking to search out 24.1mm (15/16")clamps. I don't want to keep wasting money though.

I know it's not the answer to the question asked, but I use zip ties. They are easier to remove for cleaning/replacing hose than Oetiker clamps, and don't dig into the tubing like a hose clamp does.

Anyone know if the size of he oetiker clamps list the size before or after compression? On amazon, it appears they are listing the compressed size. So now I'm thinking 15/16 might be too large?

Ok so it depends on the link.

For example if I use this link:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008L59PMK/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
and I select 23.9mm amazon is advertising the clamp at it's compressed size.

If I go to this link:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GRWAKM2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
The clamp is being advertised at it's uncompressed size.

This makes buying the right clamps very confusing.

Your best bet is to use this PDF:
http://www.oetiker.com/~/media/Down...r Klemmen/PG 167/03-2013-TDSPG 117 167EN.pdf
Find the size you need, then search by part number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back