Fruit Flavoring Extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewer_99

Reaction score
OK, anyone who knows me knows that I do not particularly recommend fruit flavorings.

While I was in El Paso, TX a couple weeks ago I went to a brewpub called Jaxon's. They had a Raspberry Ale there that, well, I didn't care for the ale, but the raspberry flavoring tasted great.:D

I noticed that the beertender added the flavoring. (I thought it was already blended).

I asked to see the bottle the beertender used. Here's the info from the bottle: (NOTE: this is a glass bottle, not those 4 oz plastic ones we get from the local HBS's):

Northwestern Premium Food & Beverage Ingredients
nwextract.com (Raspberry flavoring - my note to myself)

I haven't been to the site yet so I can't vouch for any of the products except for the raspberry. If you are looking to flavor your wheats, etc., I do recommend this flavoring.

I just found the note to myself and it clicked that I intended on sharing this with everyone here.:rockin:

All good beers, but, no.

A Berliner Weisse is actually more bitter than say your Weissen and syrup would be.

I had a couple Berliner Weissens when I spent a long weekend in East Berlin. They actually come with/in red or green (syrup).

:off: Hi to Jocelyn from me and Judy.:D Can't say when I'll be getting back to Jersey. We just did 3 weeks in El Paso. I have to go to Ft. Stewart, (near Savannah), GA 3 times this year and 1 trip to Ft. Benning. Each one at 3 weeks long. I have no idea when I'll get to brewing. I have 4 batches to bottles already and one to rack to the secondary.

BTW, good info site!

Back