Moonshiners on Discovery Channel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the history part of the show,the methods are wack ,but it's TV ..One of the Shinners was a Fire chief wasn't he? How dies that work? Like a foreign diplomat immunity...LOL

I've posted a link earlier in this thread explaining all about the behind the scenes of the show and Tim the fire chief. long story short...they weren't making alcohol and Tim is trying to open a distillery.

Last night I was watching something on the history channel about moonshinin', prohibition, etc. Was released in 2002, according to the "discription" on uverse.

Guess who I saw within the first 10 minutes? Our old friend Tim! Except he was wearing jeans, a shirt, and a jacket, instead of his "hillbilly" coveralls, lol.

Notice how they keep showing the same clips over and over? They must not be getting many usable clips

http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2013/04/is-it-illegal-to-make-moonshine.html states that the laws prohibiting the D word are based mainly on tax fraud. By obtaining the proper license and permits one is essentially paying the taxes and bypassing the law. While yes, the show is more than likely fake there is a slight possibility that the participants may also have obtained these license and/or Discovery channel may have obtained a license that allows their "actors" to make a certain amount of the stuff.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2013/04/is-it-illegal-to-make-moonshine.html states that the laws prohibiting the D word are based mainly on tax fraud. By obtaining the proper license and permits one is essentially paying the taxes and bypassing the law. While yes, the show is more than likely fake there is a slight possibility that the participants may also have obtained these license and/or Discovery channel may have obtained a license that allows their "actors" to make a certain amount of the stuff.

Dude, Yuri already locked your other thread. I 'd probably lay off shine threads if I were you.

I'm sorry, that was not my intention. I was just looking at different post related to the show as I was watching the marathon that was on. The OP and others wondered how they were able to shoot the show. Having some background in the film industry I thought I would post my thought on how they were able to do so on this thread my bad. I did not know I was breaking any rules on this one. I don't want to be "that guy" on this forum it won't happen again.

I'm sorry, that was not my intention. I was just looking at different post related to the show as I was watching the marathon that was on. The OP and others wondered how they were able to shoot the show. Having some background in the film industry I thought I would post my thought on how they were able to do so on this thread my bad. I did not know I was breaking any rules on this one. I don't want to be "that guy" on this forum it won't happen again.

You didn't break any rules. Trust me I know. I've broken them all. Unintentionally of course. :)

Back