Coffin builds (irish coffins, wooden towers)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kegtoe

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have some good pics of their homemade wooden towers from their keezers? I've seen these called coffins, Irish coffins, tap box, keezer box etc.

I can't seem to t get the search functions to work worth a damn on this web site. I enter a word and i get a bunc of random crap, i enter two wors and its worse. I use quotes and the AND function and nothing helps for instanct i enter coffin and got 30 pages, of wich 3 posts had anything to do with coffins. I also tried "coffin build" "irish coffin" and others.

If you're looking at this, scroll to the bottom where it lists "similar threads". The computer is pretty good at searching itself, the one titled "Irish Coffin Box" by mrbowenz looks like what you're looking for.

Here's mine:

IMG00191.jpg

More info and detailed pics of the inside of the coffin here:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/hbt-members-inspired-me-my-keezer-project-150256/

--
Josh

Very nice jlandin, how did you attach the lower paneling? Is it directly to the frezzer? Any problems with overheateing?

Thanks for the compliment!

I left a 1.5" space between the freezer wall and the tongue-and-groove paneling. I planned to have some small 12V fans wired to come on with the compressor but I haven't added them yet. Honestly, I'm not sure I need it. The paneling doesn't even get slightly warm (the paneling is really thin). The compressor is heavily vented however.

See my build page for more information (linked on my prior post).

--
Josh

Back