Ideas for Sorghum beer? Using grains and syrup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuddyBrews

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas of what to do with sorghum. We are making syrup and collecting the grains and really want to make a batch of beer with them. Any recipes or ideas that anyone can shoot me would be much appreciated. Thanks Yal!! :mug:

Say a little more about your process? How are you going to make the syrup? Are you going to malt the grains?

My friend made the syrup from extracting the cane. And we still have a lot of the grains that we were thinking of malting for steeping grains for the sorghum beer. Does that work ok? Not seeing any recipes for that. I already do have the syrup though and was thinking of just using that. Any suggestions for really good recipes. We like IPA's and APA's. Thanks!

The syrup from the cane isn't the same stuff we tend to use here; the sorghum syrup we're always talking about is made by using fungal enzymes to convert the unmalted grains into something fermentable. I don't know of anyone who's used the sorghum cane syrup.

The syrup from the cane isn't the same stuff we tend to use here; the sorghum syrup we're always talking about is made by using fungal enzymes to convert the unmalted grains into something fermentable. I don't know of anyone who's used the sorghum cane syrup.

Hmm i'm confused!!

Back