What cheese to pair with Apfelwein?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukinfuts29

Reaction score
For my wife's baby shower my contribution is the wine, and I have it brewing per Ed's Apfelwein recipe. I would like to make and then smoke (maybe?) a cheese to pair along with it and serve with pepperoni and crackers.

Any suggestions?

Gouda and Edam are both really good with some smoke flavor added. You could do some cheddar too (not too sharp though). If you've not smoked cheese already, you might want to make some before you need to make it for the shower.

If there's a good cheese shop in your area, or the grocery store has a solid selection, you might be able to find some already smoked cheese (making it easier on you)...

Gouda and Edam are both really good with some smoke flavor added. You could do some cheddar too (not too sharp though). If you've not smoked cheese already, you might want to make some before you need to make it for the shower.

If there's a good cheese shop in your area, or the grocery store has a solid selection, you might be able to find some already smoked cheese (making it easier on you)...

This will be my first attempting with cheese, peiod.

Cheddar, not a question . . .

pair that with a good summer sausage . . . < drool >

I have about 20 pounds of Deer in various flavors of summer sausage ;)

Back