Dog drinking beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blefferd

Reaction score
well finally my dog turned 21 this year and all of a sudden he likes to drink beer. lol crazy i know but when ever i would drink beer i would hold my can or glass up to his nose and he would jump back and have nothing to do with it. well a few weeks ago i was drinking some of my IPA i made and it was still very green and i held the glass up to him and he LOVED IT! now when ever im drinking my home brew he wont stop hounding me (pun intended lol) for a drink! now when im not drinking home brew its either Natural Light or Sam Adams and he hates both of those wont have anything to do with them. i offerd him some natty this afternoon and he turned his nose up! lol any one else have a similiar situation!?:rockin:

My cockapoo hates anything alcoholic. He is afraid of my drinks and runs if I move my glass towards him. My golden retriever, on the other hand, loves beer... and wine... and bourbon... and... She is only 2, which I suppose makes her about 14 in dog years, so I guess she may be too young to drink. I hope I never get turned in for contributing to the delinquency of a puppy!

Sounds like your dog has good taste.

One of my dog's prefers hard liquor to beer. To each his own. :drunk:

i was racking my pilsner over to the secondary this after noon and poured my self a glass to try it and he was bothering me for some! lol i got him a bowl and gave him what was in they hydrometer tube :rockin:

I thought it would be a funny joke to let my dog lick a little beer off of my pinky finger when he was a puppy. It was a bad idea. He's an alcoholic now, and I can't find an AA chapter that accepts pets.

I could be drinking some water, milk, lemonade, soda, or any other 0 proof beverage, and he leaves me alone. Put an alcoholic beverage in my hand, and he practically climbs over me to get it. He particularly likes homebrew and whisky. Does anyone else's dog like scotch? Mine prefers a good 12 year single malt.

dogs cannot metabolize alcohol so you're really not doing him/her any favors by letting them drink beer. I let my dog lick my finger after I dunk it in a beer, that's about it for his "consumption".

blefferd said:
what does SWMBO mean?

She who must be obeyed

SO my boxer is quite the alcoholic as well maybe we could start a support group!:D
He is alway going after the drips on the floor beneith my kegorator (no drip tray yet:( )

lol im not a big fan of sharing my beer with him so most of the time i will shoo him away.! now only if i could teach him how to bring me a beer....:rockin: :mug:

Actually, the reason I first turned mine on to beer was in an attempt to calm her down when she was a puppy. I would walk her and walk her and then walk her some more and she would still have too much energy. I though maybe getting her little tipsy would work, but it never did seem to faze her. Now she just loves beer.

Oh-- when I do full boils on the deck, my brew pot leaks from the rivets sometimes. Abby goes under the burner and drinks up all the wort that leaks onto the deck. It's actually pretty helpful to have someone to clean up after me!

Cougar, my male greyhound likes dark beer. I'm told he might have a bit of Irish Greyhound in him, he has an odd blocky head and, well, likes dark beer.

Katie, my female, prefers red wine, but I rarely have any around, so she slaughters small critters and laps the blood.

todd_k said:
dogs cannot metabolize alcohol so you're really not doing him/her any favors by letting them drink beer.
Please don't think I abuse my dog after reading my post above. The most he ever gets is a few drops from my fingertips...he only weighs 15 lbs!.

lol same here i have 2 boston terriers and both toghter weigh in at a whopping 40lbs lol

so is it possible for a dog to actually get drunk? since they can not metoblize alcohol?

Back