help.. issues with new kegging system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnuttoo

Reaction score
To start off with iam new to kegging...

bought basic setup: regulator, 1 corny keg, refurbished co2 tank(local).

broke down corny, cleaned, soaked, and put on new o rings, lubed. attached regulator with plastic washer, screwed on and it leaks. loud hissing leaks from
the regulator brass nut, and a little from the screw on top of co2 knob.

i have broke down corny, reasssembled, it holds pressure. whats up?

maybe plastic washer is bad? does lowes carry these?

any help would be appreciated

I would send it back. Even if you mess with it enough to eliminate the big leak, it could still be leaking very slow. I use an industrial regulator with a 20# bottle, so the interface between the bottle and reg is brass to brass. I am not too familiar with your setup but it should not leak from the adjustment screw.

Yep. I had to send my first regulator setup back. Have seen a few posts about this same thing lately. It's too bad they seem to be built cheaply.
I guess in the end, when they need it, I will figure out how to take them apart and rebuild them.

Hey mikelikesit2000. When you say you have an industrial reg, did you get it at a welding shop and it's just better?

Latest posts

Back