My First AG Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mozart

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank the forum for everything I've learned from everyone!

Thanks to all the help here, I brewed my first BIAB mini-mash a few weeks ago, and I liked the process so much, I did an AG BIAB batch today.

If there are any other relatively new brewers out there who want to go AG but don't have a mash tun, if you're willing to do smaller batches (2.5 to 3 gallons) and have a 5 gallon brew pot, AG BIAB was an easy transition for me and didn't require any additional equipment besides the bag itself.

Cheers!

Yep and some that have never been made.....lol.

I definitely plan on brewing some of those!

The friend that got me into brewing suggested entering a competition in September, and having decided early on that I wanted to do a German wheat beer, I've been tinkering with recipes and brewing a lot of Hefeweizens.

Once the competition is over, though, I imagine I'll start experimenting a lot more.

That's what beautiful about brewing there is never any end to the possibilities. I have been brewing for 17 years and still come up with new ideas all the time.

Back