Don't want to study, who else is procrastinating?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Deathweed

Reaction score
4 days of class and 5 finals away from being halfway through with my education. Nearly a decade in an institute of higher education is wearing at me. I am thinking that after my DVM I am going to work for a while to try and get out of the class room for a brief while before going back for the PhD...

So this time of year, I know finals are coming up for others, who else is putting of the studying by sipping a homebrew and scrolling through HBT? Let us know what you are putting off and how much you dislike it:D

Currently I am putting off Toxicology. It is a great class and VERY interesting, but just the thought of having to cram one more toxic agent into my head send shivers down my spine....:drunk:

Im a geography student. Putting off some HW in Remote Sensing and Aerial Photography. Not really my favorite class. Im more of a GIS kind of guy.

I'm putting off a take home test (final exam) for my Unix class; and I'm also not studying for my Local Area Networks test. Mostly because they are both joke classes that I'm not worried about.

The first day of the Unix class the teacher walked in and told us all if we've ever used Linux/Unix for more than 2 hours we wouldn't learn anything; and I've used it off and on for about 7 years... So I haven't cared about this class since that point; glad attendance is totally optional, even the exams are all online...

I already have a degree in Computer Networking but they wouldn't let me override my Local Area Networking class for some reason; so this semester feels like a total waste of time. I'm ready to graduate... rant over

Neal

yep, but filled my intent to graduate today, so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

I am putting off coding some javascript for a worthless class project in a worthless IS class that is in the business college. Yeah I am little bitter about that one. Unfortunately our college doesn't offer a real IT degree. That and my group partner has little to no f-ing clue what the words web design actually mean. My 4 year old could design a better web page.

Oh well.....

nealf said:
I'm putting off a take home test (final exam) for my Unix class; and I'm also not studying for my Local Area Networks test. Mostly because they are both joke classes that I'm not worried about.

The first day of the Unix class the teacher walked in and told us all if we've ever used Linux/Unix for more than 2 hours we wouldn't learn anything; and I've used it off and on for about 7 years... So I haven't cared about this class since that point; glad attendance is totally optional, even the exams are all online...

I already have a degree in Computer Networking but they wouldn't let me override my Local Area Networking class for some reason; so this semester feels like a total waste of time. I'm ready to graduate... rant over

Neal

gotta love those classes that are like "you dont need me, you won't learn anything, but you need me to graduate" After I graduated with my BS, I was accepted to vet school on the condition I take a literature course. Of all the coursework in the world, somehow my admission depended on an LIT course....

So I have one degree, and pretty much accepted to a professional program and taking this lit course through a community college. Luckilly the proff had apparently had a couple med students in the same position in years past, and she was a HUGE animal lover so the vet school thing carried some weight, she pretty much told me as long as I dodn't slack off horribly and at least give the course a shot, she would make sure I would pass without having to do a lot of the busywork that the undergrads were having to do.

For the final, which was an essay, I walked in, signed my name, wrote, "thank you for teaching this course" turned it in and walked out. Still got an A in the course:D

Ryanh1801 said:
yep, but filled my intent to graduate today, so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

I remember that feeling.... I will hoist another one in your direction as congrats!:mug:

Yeah, I should be studying for a psychology final exam right now...but I'm not. Because I hate this class. In fact pretty much all of the psych classes I have taken have been blow off waste of time classes, where it is evident that everyone taking it is either a psych major, or just looking for an easy 4.0, which they usually are.

I want to save my time and effort for the classes that I actually give a **** about, so rather than studying, I am doubling up on beer, listening to TBN while screwing around on here.

I'm thinkin maybe I should have been a chemistry/microbiology major, so I could learn some useful information.

I am supposed to be finishing a model and writing the code for some simulations, but that can wait. I think I have a final or something Friday, maybe I should check. Maybe I should have another beer.

I'm procrastinating my ass off right now. I should be doing a project proposal for my class, but I'm obviously not. My allergy medicine has me groggy so I can't focus too well. Maybe beer will help that...

ive been taking "breaks" from my studying. I have my programming final coming up plus a number of things to get done that arent school related.

ARGH!!!

[school rant]
So we have a quiz in toxicology today, the proff opens in the usuall way saying, "Read the directions carefully and fill out our tests as indicated." I fill out my form, start reading questions and I am excited because I know after I am done that I aced the quiz. Hell, I even got the bonus at the end! So I sign my honor code, and turn it in.

I am usually the first one done so it does not surprise me when people are still looking at thier tests, but when a huge sound of erasing paper starts abounding through the room, I start wondering whats going on. Apparently the very last line at the end of the paper which usually states, "Write the answer to the bonus under your name on the answer sheet" read, "Write the answer to the bonus under your name on the answer sheet, and do not take the rest of the exam."

So, I dont think I have had some tricky quiz like this since the third grade, and even then it was a joke the teacher pulled on us.:mad: Oh well, at least I knew the information, that will make the final that much easier, right?

[/school rant]

Back