APRIL 7TH lets celebrate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baumgartner

Reaction score
April 7th is the earliest drinking day for my first batch of home brew. As you can tell from my signature I have been very busy brewing, but not drinking. :( well home brew at least, haha.

April 7th is also significat because in 1933 the prohibition was repealed for beer of no more than 3.2% alcohol by weight, eight months before the ratification of XXI amendment. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_7th

So in light of this knowledge i ask of all you HBT's out there, will you join me in a toast and drink on this wonderful day.

I'll sure as hell be toasting it, it's my birthday - it's like I was born to be a brewer... or a beer drinker... or both, which I am :p

I'm sure my state is not celebrating, lol. They don't like alcohol here in Oklahoma ;). At least my state has allowed our 3 breweries to start producing higher than 3.2% ABW beer. Talk about a bad surprise, I drove all the way to OKC to try out a brewery and had the crappiest watery beer I have ever drank. 3.2% is good for one thing, and that is beer-bonging college parties where flavor has no factor in what you are drinking and getting drunk is the only priority. It just takes a lot longer to get drunk, lol, and you pee a lot more. Oklahoma needs to get with the 21st century and do away with the beer discrimination. Maybe they could allow for cold storage from the liquor stores as well while they are at it. You can't even buy/wouldn't buy everything you would want to drink here because of no refridgeration. Try a OK Pilsner Urqell, yuck!

We started early and had a 75th anniversary beer tasting at Iechyd Da Brewery on Saturday. Beer, pizza, and really bad karaoke to celebrate. Not all our friends could make it so we are extending the celebration to the 19th, just because.
Iechyd Da :mug:

Started off the celebration by ordering up some stuff for the SWMBO to make her 2nd batch of beer.

Gonna follow that up with a few homebrews before heading off to the bar to watch the KU game.

I was drinking anyway, so why the heck not?

"To this wonderful day! :mug:

(burp)

Apparently today is Beer Day! It is the 75th anniverasry of the first legal beer delivered into the United States. So remember the good 'ol days and have yourself a home brew. Cheers!
:mug:

Back