what ingredients do you keep around

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firebat138

Reaction score
Just got our hop order in. Thanx Steeler77 for the order... 13lbs of hops looks awesome all spread out... lol.. So we have a couple of bags of 2 row and was wondering what other grains you guys keep in ur inventory. I lookad at all the recipes we do and figured we used

Caramel/Crystal 20
Caramel/Crystal 40
Caramel/Crystal 60
Carapils (Briess)
Munich Malt
Chocolate Malt
Carafa III

anything else you recomend. We do a lot of IPA's

thanx

I personally like to keep a lot of random stuff on hand. I think that you should always keep a few pounds of wheat and rye on hand in case the mood strikes you to use them as well as flaked wheat, flaked rye, flaked oats. I know you said you have 2 row but personally I like to also have a big bag of pilsner on hand

I like to keep some wheat malt and pilsner or two row on hand. I have lots of random ounces and half ounces of specialty grains left over from orders when I had to buy more than I needed. Eventually they make their way into new recipes and get used up.

I also buy hops in bulk so I usually have a fairly neutral hop on hand. I also yeast wash so I always have many strains on hand.

Back