Another chest freezer love controller set up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BGates14

Reaction score
I just got a chest freezer about a week ago, its 18.some cubic feet and it's currently running great in my garage! I just ordered and received my dual stage Love TSS2-2100 and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with it.

I would like to potentially have two chambers (one ale one lager), and thought this was going to be as simple as putting an insulated wall in the middle, but it seems like I'd need another Love controller if I wanted to do that. I was basing this off of what I found here:

http://www.oregonbrewcrew.com/freezer/freezer.html

That aside, I'm more concerned about the wiring and setting all of that up. I just found a great thread which has a great diagram and doesn't seem like theres too much wiring involved considering it involves two female and one male outlet/inputs. Two females to plug the heat/cold and one male for the power.

This is the thread with the diagram and instructions I'm referring to:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/help-wiring-love-controller-154450/

My question is what exactly do I need to do this? I understand a male, and two female outlet/inputs but I see mentioning of the right voltages and his isn't grounded or something but he uses a box to fix that. There's also mentioning of wiring nuts or connections. I don't have any wiring experience so I'm just looking for explanations of what these are and how to use them I guess.

I just don't want to electricute myself or screw anything up haha, so any and all information will be appreciated. If I'm missing a thread with better instructions than throw me that way but I've been investigating for a week or two now.

Cheers! :mug:

Edit: I'm bringing the diagram to the hardware store now to see if they can give me aid, but please post some feedback, I guess I'll just turn this into my own thread of the build as it comes along!

Not so sure that a homebrew forum is the best place to get your electricity questions answered. Electricity is dangerous, to begin with, but in this application you'll be dealing with liquids and enclosed spaces. Electrician might set you back a couple of hundred, but it's probably for the best. Just my $.02.

Back